engine swap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• engine swap

hello , i want to swap a 68 251 in to a 51 that has a 230. it looks like it can be done somebody must of done this. thanks for any help

The only obstacle you'll encounter is the radiator. To accomodate the extra 2" engine length the radiator core will have to be moved forward. The front engine mount will have to be modified also.

Frank

Comment

thank you , but what about fenders i have the mounts from a 67. was the nose of the truck also 2in longer?

Comment

No, the fender support brackets have to remain in the same location. The radiator core has to be moved forward.

Frank

Comment

Hi, 67 wrench,

To move the radiator forward, I think you have to move the grill forward as well. If you look at 1960's series Power Wagons, you'll see that the grill protrudes from the front, instead of being recessed. I'm not sure about transmission or other compatibility when going from a 230 to a 251.

Comment

Originally posted by Matt Wilson View Post
            Hi, 67 wrench,

To move the radiator forward, I think you have to move the grill forward as well. If you look at 1960's series Power Wagons, you'll see that the grill protrudes from the front, instead of being recessed. I'm not sure about transmission or other compatibility when going from a 230 to a 251.
            thanks for the help , jim

Comment

Working...
            X