4bt power steering

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 4bt power steering

I saw Charles Talberts 4bt conversion in the latest Power Wagon Advertiser.

What power steering/vacuum pump is used on that p-pumped engine.

I have a '92 Dodge power steering pump, but the reservoir neck interfears with the back of the injection pump. Do I need a later model Dodge pump?

I considerd cutting & welding to rotate the filler neck a little out of the way. I'm hesitant to do that, not just because of the labor, but because I am worried about fluid splashing out of the cap if I lower it any. I am having this problem on my rotary pump 4bt with Dodge PS pump. It shakes so much, fluid splashes out around the cap.

Don, I ran into this problem with the pump on the Nissan Diesel in my Jeep,
    I ended up taking the 'ham can' reservoir off the steering pump and using the setup from a Chevy Van. It has a remote reservoir and the can around the pump is just a round cover.
    I would think that they are available for hydroboost as well.

Comment

I wonder if there is a remote reservoir that can be used on the Dodge PS pump, or if the canned ham pump could be mounted to the vacuum pump as the Dodge pump is?

Comment

last time I checked Chevy and Dodge both used Saginaw power steering pumps
        the only differences were in the hoses (chevy went to a Metric O ring style)
        with a little research i am sure that the Chevy reservoir can be had to fit the dodge pump

Comment

I was just checking 4BTswaps.com and there was a thread on exactly this problem
          here is a pic of the remote pump can

Comment

Working...
          X