Drag Link Spring

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Drag Link Spring

Missing the spring in my drag link end. This is for my 51 power wagon. Does any one have a spare I can buy.

Need two actually.

Comment

Drag Link Repair

You can still order drag link repair kits from our various suppliers. Be sure to get two.
      Tim Ellis

1953 B4 PW
      2013 Dodge 2500 Diesel

Clean fingernails, free weekends, intact knuckles and financial stability are totally overrated.

Comment

I was hoping someone had some kicking around. Or knew where to get just the springs(mcmaster Carr?). VPW has the kits for $27.50 x 2. I am not opposed to spending money at Vpw, but money is a little tight right now.

Comment

Originally posted by KLEMM View Post
          I was hoping someone had some kicking around. Or knew where to get just the springs(mcmaster Carr?). VPW has the kits for $27.50 x 2. I am not opposed to spending money at Vpw, but money is a little tight right now.
          Have you inspected all the other drag link components? The ball stud on the steering knuckle arm, as well as the ball end of the pitman arm take on a football appearance as they get worn. This also causes wear in the 4 cups that sandwich them within the drag link.

Good pitman arms are hard to find. I have used the pitman arm from WC 1/2 tons, but they are not as robust as stock. A good machine shop would probably be able to build up and re-turn the ball . Steering arm ball studs are still available and relatively easy to replace.

cd
          1949 B-1 PW (Gus)
          1955 C-3 PW (Woodrow)
          2001 Dodge 2500 (Dish...formerly Maney's Mopar)
          1978 Suzuki GS1000EC (fulfills the need...the need for speed)
          1954 Ford 860 tractor
          1966 Chrysler LS 16 sailboat (as yet un-named)
          UVA UVAM VIVENDO VARIA FITS

Comment

Working...
          X