Finally got moved into new shop

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Finally got moved into new shop

The last thing we moved from storage into our new shop was my '56 C3C8. Figured I would get some pics together of the 1st & second trucks that started my collection beside the new shop. I sure do miss driving the 56, good runner, can't wait to get it running again. The old girl had a rough life in the last place I had it stored. I bought the 56 in 92 and the b4pw in 95. Roy
    Attached Files

Heres a couple more pics of the shop, first one is before. Roy
    Attached Files

Comment

NICE, keep us posted!
      I drive a DODGE, not a ram!

Thanks,
      Will
      WAWII.com

1946 WDX Power Wagon - "Missouri Mule"
      1953 M37 - "Frankenstein"
      1993 Jeep YJ - "Will Power"
      1984 Dodge Ramcharger - "2014 Ramcharger"
      2006 3500 DRW 4WD Mega Cab - "Power Wagon Hauler"

Comment

Thanks Will, I'll do that. Roy

Comment

That looks like a very comfortable home for trucks, looking good!
          1967 W200.aka.Hank
          1946 WDX.aka.Shorty
          2012 Ram 2500 PowerWagon.aka Ollie

Life is easier in a lower gear.

Comment

Looks like you got a winner there Roy.
            Nice Place!
            TGP
            WDX & Misc. Pics.
            http://www.t137.com/cpg/index.php?cat=10010
            "47" Dodge WDX WW
            "52" Dodge M-37 WW
            "54" Willys M38A1
            "65" Kaiser M35A1 WW
            "77" Chev. K-30 400T,205,4.56 "No-Spin"
            "84" Chev, K-30 Cummins 6-BTA 400,205,3.73Locker
            "86" Chev, M1028A2 (K30) 6.2,400.205,4.56 Locker
            "99" Dodge Durango "Limited Slip"
            "99" Dodge 3500 CTD 4x4"No-Spin"

Comment

Looks great Roy! I seen the truck at the Engine Show in Wellington, here is some pics I took of it on display. I have a very similar power wagon with stake bed and live not to far from you in Oberlin.
              Attached Files

Comment

Roy, here is a pic of my truck, it needs quite a bit of work yet.
                Attached Files

Comment

Thank you gentlemen! We got the shop painted finally, it's all one color now! Still have a hard time believing the bank & I co-own it! Also, can't get used to seeing it cleaned up. The before pic kinda doesn't do it justice. There were 5 trucks in the l f corner of the driveway (as you are facing the shop), they were lined up from the fence line behind the shop all the way around to the right side. They were mostly L model fords (21 medium duty trucks & 2 gmc crackerboxes) and a handfull of pickups. Google earth has a really good before shot of it, I wish I could save that image and print it before they update it.
                  Smuniga, I was thru oberlin a month ago, retrieved a ff chassis that a guy had told me about several yrs ago while at Wellington. I think I did good on it because I believe it has 4.89's in it, it has 7.50x16's on it with the narrow lock ring. He lives in s amherst. Your truck looks pretty nice, I really like that stakebed! It looks to be fairly solid. Did you see the green ff that was down by the gate to go onto the track? I didn't get to find out who it belonged to. Email me when you can. it's: b4pw@yahoo.com Thanks, Roy
                  P.S. Dang, figures, was gonna post a new pic, I think its too big!

Comment

Lets try this pic again.
                    Attached Files

Comment

Nice set-up

Comment

Originally posted by b4pw View Post
                        The last thing we moved from storage into our new shop was my '56 C3C8. Figured I would get some pics together of the 1st & second trucks that started my collection beside the new shop. I sure do miss driving the 56, good runner, can't wait to get it running again. The old girl had a rough life in the last place I had it stored. I bought the 56 in 92 and the b4pw in 95. Roy
                        Hi Roy: Great truck. If you're out there, please give a reply. I'd like to ask a few questions about your A-Frame / Gin Pole.....Thanks, Randy

Comment

grover26...I emailed you and got it back. Feel free to ask anything you need to know. Roy

Comment

Originally posted by b4pw View Post
                            grover26...I emailed you and got it back. Feel free to ask anything you need to know. Roy
                            Roy, thanks for reply. Email must be lost in space.

Admiring your A-Frame. Correct me if I am wrong. Seems to be constructed of pipe, about 2" IPS. If so, schedule 40...80? Appears to be 2 lengths of about 10' each. I notice a pulley at top but no winch....removable? Looks as though you are using chain back to the headache rack for angle adjustment. I'm asking all this as I am contemplating constructing one for mine. Possibly one that could also be attached to the front for use with the existing winch. I understand there was once an article in the 'Advertiser' on constructing one but I don't know what issue. I have about 15 years worth so it must have been quite a while back. Maybe Matt (editor) we see this and be able to research. Again, thanks.........Randy

Comment

Randy, again, sorry took so long to get back. What you say is pretty much correct. I dont know the schedule # tho, all I can tell you is it was sprinkler system pipe. Yes, it can be dismantled. My friend originally designed it to be removed and stored under the bed, the pipes being no longer than the bed. I got these pipes from work and decided i wanted them longer. My friend originally engineered it to have an MU2 front mounted winch underneath the bed towards the front.I have a front mount and a deck mount MU2 but havent decide which one i want to go with. The deck mount is complete, ready to use but will require completely reworking the mounts underneath. I do use 2 5/16 chains to adjust the height. I simply have a hook on each side at the front to hook the chain into to set the height. As far as the article, I cant remember one. I had been a subscriber since 95 until this spring. I let it go only because my memory is horrible and kept forgetting to renew it. Matt, if you read this, I apologize and I NEED to get it sent in soon, i miss it very much. Randy, try emailing me either at b4pw@yahoo.com or b3pwwrecker@gmail.com . I can send some pics your way as well, thanks, Roy

Comment

Working...
                              X