Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comment

• Comment

• Worked on getting the hood stack setup on the truck today. Ran in town and picked up some more saw blades and cut the hole out and drilled bolt holes in the hood. After messing around with it for a while I think I have it about a straight as it's going to get with the way the hood is sloped. It's not straight up and down, but don't think I can get it any straighter.

I also took a small paint brush and painted the grill bars black.
        We filled the radiator with antifreeze and water, and fixed a few loose clamps we found.

Installed the drivers side inner fender.

Started working on the front fenders, gave them both a full skim coat and have them mostly smoothed out. There are a few places that need a little more work on one. The other has it's finish coat on it now.

I also had to shim the brake booster down about 1/2 an inch so it would clear the hood. Guess I didn't have it fully sucked in when I test fit the install location when I was mocking the truck up.

Comment

• Comment

• Comment

• I've got to pickup another quart of black paint as I'm afraid I don't have enough to get both fenders at least two coats of black.

Comment

• Wow, looking sweet. Nice work.

Comment

• Tonight, I got a little sanding done on one fender and have 90% of it ready to go. Working on that front edge a bit more tomorrow and it should be done. The other fender I have the finish putty on and will sand it off in the morning when I get up.

Had my son help me bleed the brakes on the truck and a sigh of relief was heard when they started building pressure, so it looks like the junkyard master cylinder is good.

Comment

• Comment

• Tonight, I finished the bodywork on both fenders and then took them, the power wagon emblems and the hood stack upper mount into the paint bay and primed the underside of the fenders and the hood stack ring. Then I shot 2 coats of black on all of the pieces.

tomorrow night I will flip the fenders over and get them primed and wet sanded. If there is enough time, I'll get them painted as well.

I'll get the hood stack finished up tomorrow and mounted on the truck. I need to do a little more work on the hot pipe out of the turbo to get things to fit perfectly.

I finished putting the clamps on the transmission cooler lines tonight as well and put the longer bolts in that lower grill piece tonight as well.

I filled up the fuel cell tonight in preparation of starting the truck and found the bottom fitting is leaking. Will have to pull the fuel cell and see about getting the leak stopped.

Comment

• Comment

• Sprayed the top sides of the front fenders today. I will head out to shop in the morning and get them wet sanded and see where they are at. I may need to spray another coat on them before I paint them, will just have to see.

I pulled the emblems and stack piece out before I painted the hood and saw where I need to get the emblems shot again as I only got a light coat from one side direction.

I did get the hood stack mounted and think it looks awesome.

I ended up spending a lot of time tonight draining my fuel cell and pulling it back out because the sump fitting was leaking on the fuel cell. So we drained it, pulled it and then my son reached his hand inside it (mine was way too big) and held a wrench on it while I tightened it from the outside. Seems to be holding now.

Comment

• Today I finished up painted the front fenders and touched up the power wagon emblems. I also drained the transmission and started the fill process of getting the new fluid into it.

I installed the emblems on the front hood.

We cranked the truck over and got all the injector lines air free. That lower grill piece was hitting and pushing in my tach sensor and it was hitting the block. We took it off and i'm going to have to cut out some of that sheet metal where the sensor goes so it will clear.

Comment

• Here's a video of it running

https://flic.kr/p/njZFa5

Comment

• Today I finished up the internal turbo to the hood stack, cutting off some of the expanded end, adding a piece of 4" with a slight bend on it, welding them together and wrapping it in heat wrap. Fits up inside much better now.

Mounted both front fenders on the truck. Those big things are a ***** to
                                put on by yourself. I did the drivers side alone, had my son help with the second one.

Transmission is topped off.

Both differentials are topped off

Mounted the transfercase breather tube up out of the way.

Greased all the joints and front end

I took some vacuum line and split it down one side to make cushions for the inner fenders to keep from cutting myself on them. And for the corners of the hood. Just need to pickup some glue to get them fastened on.

Now all that's left is to finish wiring the gauges, build the 3 driveshaft loops, finish modifying the lower grill piece, get the front tire cleaned out and remounted, get the logo's and stickers put on Monday.

Comment

Working...
                                X