Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Four Link Suspension

Hi all,
    I'm looking for modern suspension upgrade posts, search brings up mostly spring replacements. I'm looking to bring my 53 into the four link world. Any advice will be appreciated!

Only serious suspension mods I know of would be Alex and his caryall in the WC53 thread here.
    Impressive stuff, but quite a can of worms. Good luck and make sure you share.

Comment

Four link suspension

Thanks for the thread info, this is the kind of stuff I'm looking for. I'll share info as the project develops, no sense in posting pictures of current condition. Frame and rear end is at blaster and on its way to a smoother ride. Front end is sitting quietly awaiting a decision as to how it's going to bounce.

Comment

Jalopy... I've got a ton of pictures and such of what I have done. Somewhere I have a spreadsheet of my calculations for the anti-dive, roll steer, caster change during cycle, etc.

Thanks to Desoto for thinking of me!
        1942 WC53 Carryall in progress.

Comment

I'd like to get in on this too! I would enjoy seeing your progress in this area...have I missed an article on this in the PWA? If not, sounds like a fascinating article.

cd
          1949 B-1 PW (Gus)
          1955 C-3 PW (Woodrow)
          2001 Dodge 2500 (Dish...formerly Maney's Mopar)
          1978 Suzuki GS1000EC (fulfills the need...the need for speed)
          1954 Ford 860 tractor
          1966 Chrysler LS 16 sailboat (as yet un-named)
          UVA UVAM VIVENDO VARIA FITS

Comment

I'll try to find some time to get something together in the tech section maybe? Nothing in the PWA that I ever wrote. I've been needing to re-subscribe to it myself.
            1942 WC53 Carryall in progress.

Comment

Originally posted by Alxj64 View Post
              I'll try to find some time to get something together in the tech section maybe? Nothing in the PWA that I ever wrote. I've been needing to re-subscribe to it myself.
              I would think an article for the magazine would be best received, especially by Matt, our fearless leader.
              1949 B-1 PW (Gus)
              1955 C-3 PW (Woodrow)
              2001 Dodge 2500 (Dish...formerly Maney's Mopar)
              1978 Suzuki GS1000EC (fulfills the need...the need for speed)
              1954 Ford 860 tractor
              1966 Chrysler LS 16 sailboat (as yet un-named)
              UVA UVAM VIVENDO VARIA FITS

Comment

Are you thinking of front, rear or both?

Comment

I would have to agree that an article on 4 Link Suspension would make a wonderful article in the magazine.
                  1967 W200.aka.Hank
                  1946 WDX.aka.Shorty
                  2012 Ram 2500 PowerWagon.aka Ollie

Life is easier in a lower gear.

Comment

l have the "4 link" program [gotta find it] from the "extreme 4x4" show = it was a FREE download back when "Jesse" the girl was still on the show / l,ll see if l can find it and post it

Comment

l have the "4 link" program

DodgeBoys that would be cool program to share. Any luck in finding the program?

Welcome aboard Jalopytech, looking forward to hearing about your progress!
                      '47 WDX
                      '49 B-1 PW
                      1970 Dodge Cornet
                      1998 2500 SLT 12 Valve Cummins

Comment

Working...
                      X