Ignition Switches

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ignition Switches

So, over the last five years of my project I have never seen anybody selling OEM ignition switches. From the dodgepowerwagon.com site I found the following:

Ignition Switch
    Universal SMP# US-129 ("ACC"-"OFF"-IGN&ACC"-"START"). Mounting stem is 13/16" diameter, 1-7/32" long. Switch will require a
    3/32"Wallx1.0"L sleeve. Original switch is 1.0"Dx1.0"L, 3 spade terminals (nut size 10x32).

Ignition Switch Lock Cylinder - SMP# US-12L (1939-68) This fits the ignition switch that uses a screw in the switches bottom to hold it in
    the dash socket.

Ignition Switch Lock Cylinder Key - ILCO #1125H

Here is my question.... is this original for my 53 or is it the universal? Why aren't there OEM ignitions around anymore? I see people selling the lock cylinders all day long.
    Attached Files
    Tim Ellis

1953 B4 PW
    2013 Dodge 2500 Diesel

Clean fingernails, free weekends, intact knuckles and financial stability are totally overrated.

Ignition Switch update

Hmmmm...... I didn't get any responses, but did receive a part the other day. It's my belief this is what our original ignition switches look like. Either way, it's going into the truck! Three terminal and is attached with a screw under the dash.
    Attached Files
    Tim Ellis

1953 B4 PW
    2013 Dodge 2500 Diesel

Clean fingernails, free weekends, intact knuckles and financial stability are totally overrated.

Comment

Hey Tim, my 55 ignition looks like the one you just posted.

Clark

Comment

switch

Thank you Clark! That helps me a lot. Take care of that switch, they seem to be like hens teeth.
        Tim Ellis

1953 B4 PW
        2013 Dodge 2500 Diesel

Comment

Yep, I took it to a locksmith and had them clean it up and make extra keys for me. I also took the door lock and had them match the ignition key so, one key does it all!

Comment

Working...
          X