tool box for a 1946 WDX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• tool box for a 1946 WDX

anyone have any suggestions on where they located one for either the bed or running board?
    Last edited by ehbases; 12-02-2014, 11:29 AM. Reason: incomplete

Think we need more here. A tool box for a FFPW? Or just one for the garage, in which case you may want to ask this question in the Tools section, to get some more eyes on.

If one for the FFPW are we talking in the bed, or mounted to a running board?

Comment

I always kept my tools under the seat along with spare generator, starter,distributor, and fuel pump.

Frank

Comment

I've seen them on the running board quite often behind the driver's door. Not a bad spot, a heavy one that won't mind being used as a step won't get in the way too much, and it leaves your bed space open. Only thing to watch is the one bolted to mine collected dirt and water and caused some rot between it and the bed.

Of course on my truck it was a battery box used to hold the 12V battery for jumping and running the emergency lights since the rest of the truck was still 6V. Kind of funny actually.

Comment

I don't have the link any longer, but I believe J.C. Whitney offers a tool box disguised as a running board-mounted fuel can.

Tim Ellis showed it to me a few months ago...

cd
          1949 B-1 PW (Gus)
          1955 C-3 PW (Woodrow)
          2001 Dodge 2500 (Dish...formerly Maney's Mopar)
          1978 Suzuki GS1000EC (fulfills the need...the need for speed)
          1954 Ford 860 tractor
          1966 Chrysler LS 16 sailboat (as yet un-named)
          UVA UVAM VIVENDO VARIA FITS

Comment

Trail Can Utility Tool Box

I have been toying with the idea of buying one of these for my truck. I like the concept, and it's a convenient place to store some tools/spare parts.

http://www.amazon.com/Rampage-86619-.../dp/B004YNOT0Q
            Attached Files
            Tim Ellis

1953 B4 PW
            2013 Dodge 2500 Diesel

Clean fingernails, free weekends, intact knuckles and financial stability are totally overrated.

Comment

If you get one, we would like a review! :)

Comment

thanks. i was contemplating this one as well. will let the universe know .

Comment

Sounded good, until I read 'not waterproof'.....No good out on the running board.

Comment

I had seen this for sale in a store, had considered it for running board mounting myself!

Let us know what you end up using, I'd love to see how you mount it.

-T

Comment

Originally posted by grover26 View Post
                      Sounded good, until I read 'not waterproof'.....No good out on the running board.
                      Guess I missed that part. I would need to be weather proof and secure-able.

cd
                      1949 B-1 PW (Gus)
                      1955 C-3 PW (Woodrow)
                      2001 Dodge 2500 (Dish...formerly Maney's Mopar)
                      1978 Suzuki GS1000EC (fulfills the need...the need for speed)
                      1954 Ford 860 tractor
                      1966 Chrysler LS 16 sailboat (as yet un-named)
                      UVA UVAM VIVENDO VARIA FITS

Comment

Working...
                      X