cab mounts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cab mounts

hey all i have a '53 flat fender that i have purchased new rubber cab mounts for. my question is does the thin rubber mount go on the top of the bracket or on the bottom? the kit came with a thin one and a thick one for each corner or the cab.

tonkaman,

If you got the VPW kit, your rubber cab mounts should go as follows: Left front- thick or double rubber on top of frame only, right front- thick on top of the frame, thick below, both rear- thick below frame, thin above. Bolts go in from the top & washers sandwich the rubber.
    hope this helps !

Jens

Comment

Originally posted by dodgenut78 View Post
      tonkaman,

If you got the VPW kit, your rubber cab mounts should go as follows: Left front- thick or double rubber on top of frame only, right front- thick on top of the frame, thick below, both rear- thick below frame, thin above. Bolts go in from the top & washers sandwich the rubber.
      hope this helps !

Jens
      wait, so the fronts are different from each other? why is that?

Comment

ok so let me get this straight. the left mount only uses the thick mount on top and nothing on the bottom. the right front uses a think on top and bottom, and the rears use a thick on bottom and a thin on top.

i only have four thin ones and four thick ones.

Comment

can you stack a thin to make a thick?

Comment

Working...
          X