Clark Gable Power Wagon photo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Clark Gable Power Wagon photo

Looked for this photo for twenty years. Doesn't get any better than clark Gable and a Power wagon. http://www.cranestodaymagazine.com/u.../turning-3.jpg

A great photo! I wonder how it came to be.
    Power Wagon Advertiser monthly magazine, editor & publisher.

Why is it that the inside of old truck cabs smell so good?

Comment

Gable photo

Not sure of the history. Saw this in a 4 wheel drive magazine shortly after I bought my first Powerwagon, a 49, back in the early 80's. For some reason I recall thatit was supposed to have been special build for him, not sure til I can locate the magazine.

Comment

Los Angeles?

Kind of looks like old, industrial Los Angeles.

Comment

Unusual bed.
          The truck also has a left hand fuel filler. I wonder what that is about . . . two tanks or something else.
          Half running boards. Dual spotlights.
          Does anyone know what happened to this truck? I would think that--given its unique body-- it would be easy to identify.
          John

Comment

I must be bored, I keep going back to that picture.
            The gentleman on the right: what is he resting his hand on? It looks like another fuel tank filler.
            John

Comment

If i recall another photo of Gable and a Power Wagon was on a movie set in the Nevada desert. I did a few searches but didn't find it. I wonder if it was this custom build?

One of the other men is Carl Stahl. I discovered this link to Gable's son's site in a google search:
              http://www.fanpix.net/gallery/john-c...e-pictures.htm
              Last edited by im02crazy; 12-17-2012, 08:32 PM. Reason: more info added

Comment

Working...
              X