No announcement yet.

New to me 1965 WM300

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What attaches to the other lever that presently displays a bare bolt?
    Power Wagon Advertiser monthly magazine, editor & publisher.

Why is it that the inside of old truck cabs smell so good?

Comment

Yes that photo is looking frontwards. That piece of the extra lever you see bolted to the rod used to attach to a cable actuated lever behind the cab which operated the clutch in order to engage the PTO winch in the bed.

Comment

Originally posted by defdes View Post
        That piece of the extra lever you see bolted to the rod used to attach to a cable actuated lever behind the cab which operated the clutch in order to engage the PTO winch in the bed.
        Woh, just read that sentence.
        It was for the clutch engagement for the PTO.

Comment

Given your description of clutch engagement, you need to remove the clutch parts and inspect, including the flywheel.

Comment

Originally posted by Gordon Maney View Post
            Given your added comment, I believe your clutch needs to come out for inspection.
            Drat... I was trying to ignore it the first time!

Comment

I knew that.

Comment

Power King Tires

Does anyone have the model/part no. for the Power King tires that are suitable for the split ring rims (9.00 x 16)? I was told by the folks at Power King that the NR50 Super Traction LT was the one, but it's not a tube tire from what I can tell and could not verify if the bead was suitable for the split ring rims. Trying to save a little money and not get the Traxions.

Comment

These are a few updates that I did in the Fall. Locust bed has been in service for about 4 months now and is a nice departure from the 1/4" steel plate that I removed. Tank is from a Datsun 510, old tank shown and fish plates can be seen under rear spring shackle and a smaller one just forward of that.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/329661...7650575253008/

Comment

...can't.....

Comment

....link direct images....

Comment

Yesterday I had a fully operational, registered truck....today I couldn't leave well enough alone.
                        I think Mr. Harris said it best:
                        Originally posted by gmharris View Post
                        I started to add anti-freeze. Then I decided the radiator needed flushing. Why waste anti-freeze in a dirty radiator? Then I wanted to flush the block too. So, I removed the radiator. Since I had the radiator off, I might as well install the new water pump I had. While the pump was off, I decided I should pull the water distribution tube to check it. It needed replacing. Then I saw a leaking front seal. So I pulled the timing cover. Thought since I had the cover off, I should check the chain. Then, the front pulley needed a sleeve. Then I thought I should do some cleaning and painting. Since I already had the radiator off, I decided to pull the fenders so I could get to the rest of the engine and repair some wiring. Since I had the fenders off, I thought I should set the valves.

So far, I've resisted pulling the manifolds off to replace the heat riser valve and the head to check carbon buildup.

This is most difficult job of adding anti-freeze I have ever done.
                        I was expecting to find a messier scene in there (the non ferrous water circulation tube was a nice plus). When I opened the petcock on the block, nothing came out. I bent a little "J" in a welding rod and got it into the drain holes of the petcock to get the water flowing. I then removed it and found some paste back in there and thought it best to just go for it all and do the "full flush".
                        A question, would you replace the water pump at this point just to not have to do this again or leave well enough alone, it showed no issue other than a bit of scaling?
                        Attached Files

Comment

What is the casting that the water pump bolts to called (part in between pump and block)?
                          Will this gasket come WITH a new water pump and why does this casting not accommodate the hole in the block next to the water circulation tube hole?
                          Attached Files

Comment

And so rolls the snowball. After seeing the amount of crud behind welch plate #1, I went for #2 as well. I broke out the power washer and flushed backwards and forwards until water ran clear...gave the exterior of the block a little freshening whilst I was there. The radiator passed the flush test, but I think I will give it a go with so muriatic acid or a least radiator flush while it's off.
                            As long as I am here, is there anything el...?.....never mind.
                            Attached Files

Comment

It must be some part of human nature to forget that these are all "systems", cooling system, lubrication system, ignition system, etc. So we all think "I'll replace this part" and be good, but you start messing with one part of a system and open that door to messing up or exposing problems with the rest of the system. Plus side is you feel better coming out the other end knowing the system is right.

It's even worse when you're trying to do custom stuff, rarely does one system no interfere with another at some point, and then you're playing with two systems or more. Gives new respect for the work that went into designing and building these trucks in the first place.

Comment

I went to the parts store to get a new cap and rotor and the ones he brought out were not correct for my smaller style distributor. Would anyone have any idea what this is from so I can order the appropriate parts? it measures about 3" in diameter (cap) and the only numbers I can get off the tag are:
                                these are faint:
                                1BR-4002-B

Just found this: http://www.powerwagonadvertiser.com/...hp/t-9703.html
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X