251 compatabiltiy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 251 compatabiltiy

Hey all I was wondering if the 251 and all it's components were the same in a 71 export model FFPW as in a 50's pilot house truck I have an engine that was removed from a pilot house truck and I want to stick it in a 71 PW. All of the manifolds and such should be the same shouldn't they? Also does anyone know what the website is for decoding engine numbers? I had it once and now I can't seem to find it Thanks tonka

Thanks Mike for asking the question. LOL

I think this is the site you are looking for
    http://www.t137.com/registry/help/ot...herengines.php

I was actually looking through the information yesterday and was sad to learn the that the 251 that I have was not the original motor and was an Industrial motor. At least yours came out of a truck.
    I looked at the photos you sent me last night and although it is a little hard to tell the manifolds appear to be similar. The only things that look obviously different is that the oil pans appear to be reversed and mine doesn't have the hump at the front for the rad hose.

It sure would be nice if someone with some knowledge on the '69 - '71 Export versions of the Power Wagon could chime in a identify anything unique to those models (I am going on the assumption that they would be the same as the '68 models).

Comment

Working...
    X