1949 Power Wagon resto mod

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1949 Power Wagon resto mod

Finally making some progress on this unit to start a build thread. This one will be as slow as molasses in January! So have patience on updates please.

I'm huge cummins freak and this truck will be no different, currently houses a 92 VE pumped 12v modded with bigger injectors, pump mods and hx-40 turbo. Feel free to comment or ask questions on anything.

This is a pic and link to the last truck I built:

http://www.dieseltruckresource.com/d...d-t288785.html

Here's a few random pics showing progress to date

Comment

Comment

Interesting way to do the intercooler plumbing, hadn't thought of that. Isn't that going to cause some issues with putting the winch back up front? Does it mess with any other sheet metal? Right now I'm thinking I'm going to have to come in over the radiator but that eats into space I need to find for the A/C.

Comment

I'm not sure if it would interfere with a factory winch or not. Mine will be a electric winch mounted on a winch bumper

Comment

Sweet, I knew that engine would fit. I plan on putting the same thing in one of my Carryalls. Great work.

Comment

Front and rear fenders, running boards

I've decided all 4 of my fenders would need more body work then I'm willing to give them. I can find the running boards and rear fenders (I think they will work for this series) but I can't find front fenders. Are they available? If so where? Would like to buy everything at the same place if possible

Thanks!

Comment

No one is making new front fenders.
                You will have to check around for good used. They do show up once in a while.
                Try Dennis Sherman here

http://www.powerwagonparts.com/

Nice guy to deal with.
                TGP
                WDX & Misc. Pics.
                http://www.t137.com/cpg/index.php?cat=10010
                "47" Dodge WDX WW
                "52" Dodge M-37 WW
                "54" Willys M38A1
                "65" Kaiser M35A1 WW
                "77" Chev. K-30 400T,205,4.56 "No-Spin"
                "84" Chev, K-30 Cummins 6-BTA 400,205,3.73Locker
                "86" Chev, M1028A2 (K30) 6.2,400.205,4.56 Locker
                "99" Dodge Durango "Limited Slip"
                "99" Dodge 3500 CTD 4x4"No-Spin"

Comment

Thank you, I have sent him a email

Comment

I thought Matt Tisdale was working on them? Seem to remember he had them stamped but had to wire roll the edges yet. Might be worth tracking him down.

Also worth asking on Joe's site, found my set there picked them up at one of the local rallies.

Comment

Matt is working on them, I've not seen any updates though. The wire edge machine was one of his hold ups, but he found one and got that running, he may just be going through the fabrication process on the dies for the front.
                      I drive a DODGE, not a ram!

Thanks,
                      Will
                      WAWII.com

1946 WDX Power Wagon - "Missouri Mule"
                      1953 M37 - "Frankenstein"
                      1993 Jeep YJ - "Will Power"
                      1984 Dodge Ramcharger - "2014 Ramcharger"
                      2006 3500 DRW 4WD Mega Cab - "Power Wagon Hauler"

Comment

You might have better luck finding parts if you let people know where you are. I don't see that you did that. Your country doesn't look anything like where I live and shipping big parts is expensive and a pain. I live in the Southern California desert.

I have some front fenders which are unusually straight. They are rust free except for the reinforcement area which will need to be cut out and patched. This is a common problem with these fenders and reinforcement patch kits are available.

Comment

I have emailed Dennis and Matt but haven't heard back from either one. I will try calling when I get a chance.

I'm in southern Saskatchewan but I also have a place to ship to in NE montana

Comment

Front Fenders

Have you found a set of front fenders gyman98? If not I may be able to spare a set? I am in BC.

Comment

Hi Jake, thanks for the offer but I've ordered new fronts, rears and running boards. Also going to switch the cab with a very nice 1942 d-300 I picked up.

If anyone has any reasons why that won't work or anything I need to mod please let me know

Comment

Working...
                              X