New Truck

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Truck

So as mentioned in another thread, I bought a mostly restored truck. It looks great...pictures to follow tomorrow for sure. 1952 still running 6 volt system and, I believe but need to check numbers to be sure, the original engine and drive train.

I bought the truck in Indian River MI and drove it home to Chapel Hill NC. original plan was to go to Buffalo, but after first day and 166 miles, I decided to go for it. The second day was 479 miles from Au Gres to Charleston WV. And the final day was 312 mies. Wow what a trip. 958 miles, 2 1/2 quarts of oil and 95.69 gallons of gas and no so much as a wrinkle. The truck ran like a top.

Rained some today which was interesting as wiper didn't work and Rain-Ex didn't quite work as I would have hoped. Water leaked in around the main seal for the windshield frame and even through the bedding where the glass is bedded in the frame. Didn't last long and didn't spoil the trip at all.

Thank God for ear plugs and somewhat cool weather. On the list for sure will be to add some heat shield and possibly some sound proof. Has anyone done this? Any lessons to share?

That's all for now, pictures tomorrow

That's Great!
    I followed your other thread.
    10 miles per gallon is good for these trucks.
    The engine is obviously sound,the whole truck for that matter.
    I used "Dynamat" in my cab and a piece under the right floor board between it and the muffler. Really made a difference.
    All glued on with 3M adhesive.
    Nice Job!

http://www.dynamat.com/

TGP
    WDX & Misc. Pics.
    http://www.t137.com/cpg/index.php?cat=10010
    "47" Dodge WDX WW
    "52" Dodge M-37 WW
    "54" Willys M38A1
    "65" Kaiser M35A1 WW
    "77" Chev. K-30 400T,205,4.56 "No-Spin"
    "84" Chev, K-30 Cummins 6-BTA 400,205,3.73Locker
    "86" Chev, M1028A2 (K30) 6.2,400.205,4.56 Locker
    "99" Dodge Durango "Limited Slip"
    "99" Dodge 3500 CTD 4x4"No-Spin"

Comment

Your trip would make a great article for the magazine.....
      Power Wagon Advertiser monthly magazine, editor & publisher.

Why is it that the inside of old truck cabs smell so good?

Comment

happy to try

I took pretty extensive notes, but not very many pictures. One nice one with the truck in front of Lake Huron. Never written anything like that but would be happy to give it a whirl...roughly how many words would you want?

Originally posted by Gordon Maney View Post
        Your trip would make a great article for the magazine.....

Comment

Worth in N.C.

Scott:

Congradulations on your new truck. Looking forward to see some of the pictures. I work in Raleigh and have a wm300. It's a good hobby to have and the trucks are fun.

Worth

Comment

Picture Perhaps

Comment

Scott,
              I live in Asheboro NC, and I own an M-37. I look forward to seeing you at the Southern Power wagon Rally in Calliston SC. It is the last weekend in April every year.
              It sounds like you had a memorable trip. I look forward to reading about it. in the Power Wagon Advertiser.
              Rich Szklany

Comment

Working...
              X