Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Greg Coffin
    replied
    For sitting 30 years the body looks to be in excellent condition. Let us know how the project goes.

Love the B Model Macks, and twin screws to boot. I have one on my wish list.

Leave a comment:

• Don Williams
    replied
    Yep, it's your truck to do with as you please. With that said I will recommend leaving or restoring as is because it is a rare unit. Get it running and driving and sell it, buy a more generic truck to modify as you please. That is a very, very capable Power Wagon hauler by the way. I hope to have a similar rig some day. I learned to love the B model Macks back in the mid 70's. I drove over-the-road for an outfit that restored B model Macks to haul coal. They were the only truck that could hold up. Sold them as fast as they could get them finished.

Leave a comment:

• Seyser
    replied
    This was on ebay a few weeks ago and I figured I better purchase it.
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• John Waak
    replied
    It's your truck, do as you want. But, that was my first impression: a mechanical refresh, and leave the rest alone. It is gorgeous.

Leave a comment:

• Seyser
    replied
    Originally posted by John Waak View Post
    That looks to be a very nice, original, find. Congratulations! I love the patina. What are your plans for it?
    I will probably be shunned for even saying this but part of me wants to remove the telephone apparatus and install a flatbed or original style bed as I would have more use for the truck in that form without the drill and such.

I will probably end up leaving it as is being its probably a somewhat rare unit. Plan would be to get it running, driving, stopping and repair some minor cosmetic issues and that's about it.

Jeremy

Leave a comment:

• Chewie
    replied
    Pass the salt..

Leave a comment:

• John Waak
    replied
    That looks to be a very nice, original, find. Congratulations! I love the patina. What are your plans for it?

Leave a comment:

• W_A_Watson_II
    replied
    Yep, that was Mark W's Bell Telephone Truck, he's from Decatur Indiana.

Leave a comment:

• Seyser
    replied
    I have seen that video, pretty neat to see one in action.

Jeremy

Leave a comment:

• 53Crusher
    replied
    Nice Truck!

I was able to see one in action at the 2012 VPW Rally. There is a video of it drilling a hole somewhere on the web....... Here is a still shot for you. I believe the owner was from Indiana. Very cool!
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• Steve G
    replied
    Nice find!

Leave a comment:

• Todd M
    replied
    Looks like a fun project. Best of luck.

Leave a comment:

• Matthew Welcher PWA
    replied
    That is super nice! Someone may correct me but I believe this is a Bell Telephone Truck? I have seen a similar one in working action and they are very cool. Congratulations and welcome aboard.

Leave a comment:

• gyman98
    replied
    Very nice 👍🏻

Leave a comment:

• Seyser
    replied
    Here are some more close up pictures of the truck. I vacuumed the many squirrel nuts out of the cab when I unloaded the truck.

I have the truck all tucked away in the shed for winter. I have a couple projects that I would like to finish then will start looking at the power wagon hopefully next summer sometime.
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

Working...
X