Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• kbs rustseal, POR 15, others

Hello,

I am starting the restoration on my 46 WDX. Has anyone used or have any experience with POR 15 or the KBS RustSeal materials? I can have the frame blasted and painted with a PPG Paint or go the option of the POR15, KBS rustseal. Any thoughts on what would be most cost effective or better result? Your opinions and thoughts are appreciated.

POR15 is great for what it's intended for, rusted parts. It doesn't stick well to clean smooth non-rusted metal. Just follow all it's instructions, and top coat as required and it will server you well.
    I drive a DODGE, not a ram!

Thanks,
    Will
    WAWII.com

1946 WDX Power Wagon - "Missouri Mule"
    1953 M37 - "Frankenstein"
    1993 Jeep YJ - "Will Power"
    1984 Dodge Ramcharger - "2014 Ramcharger"
    2006 3500 DRW 4WD Mega Cab - "Power Wagon Hauler"

Comment

I have used the KBS on several occasions and like it. Seems to hold up really well. It is moisture cured so pay attention to closing up unused material the best you can and having CLEAN lid and groove on any cans you want to open again. If you just put a lid on and there is product in the groove of the can you will have a very hard time opening the can again.

Comment

I have used KBS RustSeal and like the product. It seems to be very durable.

Comment

Thanks everyone for your input!

Comment

I just used POR 15 top coat on bed crossmembers. I used a brush to apply. It is kinda thick. I’ll probably use a roller next time as using the brush I got a couple of runs by the bolt holes that weren’t easy to brush out. It the crossmembers so no that worried. Seems like good stuff. It dried harder than any paint I’ve ever used. Hope this helps.

Comment

Working...
            X