W500 Seal Part Number....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• W500 Seal Part Number....

Has anyone had any luck finding a part number for the front inner hub seal number for the FDS750 front axle?

I am in the midst of doing a disc brake conversion and figure if I am in this far (down to spare spindles) I might as well replace as many parts as I can (already have bearings and races). Mine aren't leaking (at least not enough to worry about) and don't want to pry mine off (in other words wreck them) unless I can be sure there are replacements available.I can't find any reference online to this axle and therefore no part numbers....

Had a local drive train shop search through their catalog archives (catalogs back to the early 70's) and all numbers come back inactive or obsolete. Guess I am going to get creative....

It appears the hub seals from a military 2.5ton axle are the same I.D. But are smaller O.D. (approximately 1/2inch) so I think I can have some wear rings machined to take of the difference.

Comment

There is a guy on some of the Dodge & Power Wagon sites named Terry, goes by PowerWagon Driver (abbreviated). He lives in California & has owned about every type of Dodge truck imaginable including I believe W500's. He likely would know what crosses over from other axles.

Also the Ford F600 4x4 used the same axle back in the day.

I think Meritor is now the owner of what was Rockwell.

Bucky

Comment

Working...
      X