Backroad, truck hunting pics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Orchard country

We were getting close to home now, I'd say about two hours to my house when we stopped to take this shot of the orchards and vineyards that are so prevelent in the Okanagan area of BC.
    Attached Files

Comment

• Cj5?

This jeep was parked in the only available parking spot in a small trailer court in among the vineyards of the southern Okanagan.
      Attached Files

Comment

• canadian power wagon

JAKE...visited your website...great stories, keep it up...

Comment

• Thanks Rick...

I appreciate your input, it's always nice to hear favorable comments from someone.

We must have seen over 100 vintage trucks on this trip, but I am limiting my posts to the ones that relevent to this forum. I'l be posting a few more tonite or tomorow. I'll also bring a camara when I head eastward toward Nelson in a week or two.

Comment

• More trucks...

I think that,s a hemi, sitting in the corner of a guy,s garage. He let us snoop around and take pictures of all his treasures. As we walked around on his property I kept thinking about Gordon,s recent thread about accumulating junk and never throwing anything out.
            Attached Files

Comment

• More...

The guy that owned the Hemi also owns these two. He must have 100 vehicles on his place. He lives about half an hour from the US border.
              Attached Files

Comment

• A couple of 1 tons and a jeep truck.

The last truck looks kind of out of place sitting in a feild like that, it looks like it has been stored in a shed for most of its life.
                Attached Files

Comment

• Ih

Did International make factory four wheel drive trucks?
                  Attached Files

Comment

• 1914 hotel...

Built in the small lakeshore town of Kalidon in southern BC. This hotel was opened for business in 1914 and was closed a mere four months later as WW1 broke out, they stripped the hotel of everything and used it for other more important projects. Not sure what they were but enjoyed hearing the story from a local lady that happened to be walking by as we viewed the great looking hulk of a building.
                    Attached Files

Comment

• This ones for you Norm...

I found this one 15 minutes north of Vernon on the old Kamloops road just past the race track.
                      Gary is his name and he has a bit of a salvage yard operation.
                      Attached Files

Comment

• That is a NICE one!
                        Here is a sad but still viable roadside attraction:

At least it wasn't crushed...

Comment

• One more picture of the 193? dodge pickup seen from the highway in Hedley, BC at the local watering hole.
                          It could use a polish job or at worst a paint job but appears to be a great running daily driver.
                          Attached Files

Comment

• Originally posted by MoparNorm View Post
                            That is a NICE one!
                            Here is a sad but still viable roadside attraction:

At least it wasn't crushed...
                            Attraction or distraction?

Comment

• Don't crush

Even this old Fargo has not been through the crusher, it looks a little worse for wear but has some decent parts on it.
                              The car pictured below is a 1956 Chrysler Windsor coupe, similar to the 300 cars of the day. I am actually considering loading this one up and introducing it to my truck fleet.
                              Attached Files

Comment

• Chrysler Windsor...

JAKE... go for it... there are not enough EARLY Mopar cars being saved...

muscle cars, yeah, but early iron like that are hard to find...

there is one here in Waterford, inherited from a grandfather, completely stock, black and white with gangster whites, ABSOLUTELY STUNNING...

turns heads wherever it goes...

GO FOR IT...

Comment

Working...
                                X