sparks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sparks

I have done something that may help some of the other dodgers in this forum. my lovely wife got for my birthday, a set of everdry sparkplug wires from atlas obsolete chrysler parts. I installed them and went inside for the night. next morn I had some errands to do in town, so I got in the FF and tried to start it, it took off but was running very rough, I thought it was the carb at first but soon found that my new plug wires were losing fire in every direction. you couldn't get your hands anywhere near the wires at any place on the wires without getting your battery recharged. it was so bad that that the truck wouldn't even pull itself back up the drive to the shop. I had to cut the wires that were on the truck to get them off so I didn't have the oridginal wires to put back on. Soooo, the thinker had to be put into play, (it was freshly charged) I had six early model slant six spark plug tubes, (I'm sure that a lot of you have some lying around.) now, I have found that the wires from a ford 3.0 v-6 late ninetys, (not the ones w/ the clips) but just the pull offs will fit in the tubes snugly enough to keep water out(coil pac end) by triming about 3/8ths of an inch off of the brass in the end it will snap snugly on to the plug and is EXACTLY the right lenght in the tube. cut off the other end of the wire and install the correct ends and boots for the cap. you end up with a waterproof wire set for almost no cost, I've got 12.00 dollars in mine and that is what the tubes cost at VPW. better than the 66.00 for a set of absolutly worthless set of wires. I truly hope that this helps someone out in the pursuit of a better truck. Dave.
Working...
X