New W300 axle shafts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New W300 axle shafts

I use my 58 W300 for hauling heavy loads across unimproved terrain around our ranches, much as it was intended to do from inception. I decided to go ahead and upgrade the rear end before I broke irreplaceable original parts... I like to modify my trucks for usefulness and durability but I always try to do so in such a manner that it can be put back the way it was later on if someone should choose to do so.

A variety of carriers are readily available for these axles (I chose to use a Detroit locker), but the shafts were quite hard to come by, primarily due to the large size of the drive flange required and the six bolt drive flange pattern. Needless to say, it took quite a while to find a supplier willing to build these axles but we finally have and they are great! They are not cheap but they are a viable, cost effective alternative to a complete axle swap for those who want greater durability without changing to an eight lug axle which looks so inappropriate on these trucks. These shafts are a properly heat treated, modern alloy, and can be built with whatever spline pattern you require. I chose to get a modern 35 spline for compatibility with the modern carrier I am changing to and simplify any future parts purchases.

If any of y'all are interested, these axle shafts can now be purchased through Brutal Off Road in Pipe Creek,TX. Call 830-510-4622 and ask for James, he is a really good guy who does excellent work and stands behind it with an old school business ethic the likes of which it is almost impossible to find anymore. He is also a life long Power Wagon and general Mopar enthusiast who has done such a good job getting these axles made I thought I should pass it on to the community.
Working...
X