2 Barrel Weber Carburators for the M-37

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2 Barrel Weber Carburators for the M-37

I've been seeing articles for a Weber 2 Barrel Carburetors for the M-37. How difficult is the change out for a novice, which carb and adaptor. There seems to be an advantavage.
    Chip Sandage
    Gordon Maney's yellow M-37

I'm going to follow along with this, I can't wait to get rid of my present carb, a Zenith model 29, I have an ETW1, but the Weber 2 barrel should be more better. I'm not stock anyway, 12 volt and a painless harness.

Comment

I've not seen the article about the 2bbl Weber carb change.. But I would imagine that it would perform better. I've put a few different 1bbl carbs on my flathead, and they were all an improvement over the original carb.. I would imagine a distributor with vacuum advance would also be an improvement as well, but it is not a direct bolt in with the military style oil pump.

Comment

The Weber Installs very easily, there is some throttle linkage modification that needs done. The choke has a very small amount of throw to it but it works well. I think I have had the Weber on my WDX for 5 years or so now and have never had an issue with it.

As far as the M37 goes I have yet to install one on that vehicle. There are a couple of issues that will need addressed.

1 somehow you will need to attach the vent lines to the air cleaner to cool the distributor.

2 you will have the vent breather line to address that runs from the carb elbow to the oil fill pipe.

You of course will lose some of the bracketry that attaches to the manifold and your oil batth air cleaner.

The last thing that I can think of that would be tricky would be how to install and make the hand throttle work.

I will get pictures posted of the Weber installed on my WDX today.
        1967 W200.aka.Hank
        1946 WDX.aka.Shorty
        2012 Ram 2500 PowerWagon.aka Ollie

Life is easier in a lower gear.

Comment

Weber 2 Barrel mounted on a WDX Let me know if you would like to see more pictures or know more information about this.
          You do not have permission to view this gallery.
          This gallery has 4 photos.
          1967 W200.aka.Hank
          1946 WDX.aka.Shorty
          2012 Ram 2500 PowerWagon.aka Ollie

Life is easier in a lower gear.

Comment

Looks doable, bell crank same set up and no more oil bath?

Comment

Great pics, Matt. Do you notice any power increase over the stock carb?

Comment

I put a Weber 2 barrel on my WC53 running a 251 and it made a big difference in power and pulling up hills. I also switched to a different filter instead of adapting the oil bath. Definitely worth the change.

Comment

Originally posted by Matthew Welcher PWA View Post
                  Weber 2 Barrel mounted on a WDX Let me know if you would like to see more pictures or know more information about this.
                  Hello Matt, I am not sure why, but I never asked what model 2 barrel carb this was, I still haven't made the switch?

Comment

• Matthew Welcher PWA
                    Matthew Welcher PWA commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Bruce it is the 32/36 DGVE still going strong!
                    I do not like the manual choke linkage though.

Good to know, I am gong to give it a go.

Comment

I had one of these on my m37, the distributor has 2 vent lines plumbed into it to circulate air and keep the coil cool, hook one of these lines to the vacuum advance on the weber and leave the other open, no coil problems. I do not like the adaptor that comes with the weber, funnels a decent sized two barrel into a 1.700 inch hole sort of forces the vaporized fuel to recondense into a liquid, contemplating modifying a spare intake I have ( cut the top out, make a weber shaped plate and braze it in. Got sidetracked now running a fish carb on there instead.

Comment

Working...
                    X