Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Idle hands.

The devil loves idle hands.

While my engine is out being rebuilt it looks like I have a good bit of idle time to get in trouble.

I got thinking of how I could rig up brake lights on both sides and turnsignals front and back without altering the basic look of the truck. I did not want two big stupid looking orange things sticking out of the grill or dangling off the rear.

Also I did not want to spend any money.

Well it took a bit of tinkering but I did it and it only cost me about $30.
    Most of that was the Napa three prong 24 volt flasher unit $17.00. I rearranged some of the BO light housings so I would have two ,three bulb units in the rear. Rearranged the rear wires so I had brake lights and driving lights and spare bulbs to make into turn signal lights on the rear. I opened up the one BO lamp that I took from the front and removed the screens from the BO ports and put in some cut down red lenses from Tractor Supply co. I did not remove the outer glass lens so that it still looks like it would normally.

The turn signals in the front took a bit of doing. Again I opened them up and removed the BO screens and put in cut down orange plastic lenses in the mail box slot openings. Ran the wires back to the switch that has left / right & off in the center. From there all I needed was to run a wire to the 24 volt flasher and the Radio shack electronic buzzer and Ta-Da turn signals and brake lights for about $30.00

The buzzer was $5.00 and it makes a beeping sound when the turn signals are on so I wont drive along with them on. The buzzer works on any DC line from 8 volts to 28 volts and connects to the -P- terminal on the flasher and then to ground.

I know the purists will be throwing up right now but even a purist just looking at the truck would probably not notice it until the thing started blinking.
Working...
X