No announcement yet.

The WC53 Carryall thread .

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mine isn't fully together yet but a friend of mine hosts an off road based event at a local Dodge Jeep Ram dealership so I was asked to bring out my pile of parts... Won first in class even though its not even complete or running at the moment!

You do not have permission to view this gallery.
    This gallery has 2 photos.
    1942 WC53 Carryall in progress.

Comment

• Nice!!

Comment

• Good on yah ALEX, a high five and a cyber beer. I hope you had fun.
        I just went for a 5 day jaunt in my truck. It was fun, I kept up with the free way traffic and once I hit the dirt I aired down to twenty pounds and went off road. We slept in the back and I left the spare at home, this made for more sleeping room than the last trip and i will work on a spare tire location when I find time. We were doing a circle route but got stopped out by a washed out bridge, if I had a couple of buddies along I think we could have gotten the wall modified enough to drive over the collapsed bridge. That would have been real fun. In stead we went up to Chehalis lake. Funny the stuff you find in the bush. I came home with two chunks of steel plate. They looked darn fresh to me. Considering the cost of the stuff it had to follow me home.
        I got my new springs in the front of the truck, they are safer but the ride is a bit different than my old ones and the truck sits a tad lower - I will rip them out this winter and see if I IMG_1618.JPG can get some mods done.

Comment

• Jim Lee has a Jerry can holder for me. I think I can use one. As you can see by the tire the road was dusty. The interior is not much better, I need better seals on the rear hatchIMG_1619.JPG

Comment

• jim lee loves the idea of the ammo box on your running board! I've been trying to come up with something to put there on mine for some outside storage. I also have a 3D printed template for getting the holes aligned on your canvas straps you are going to need for the jerry can holder.

P.S. Lets see some camping pix!

-jim lee

Comment

• i am afraid I did not take very many pictures- I do have some high res pictures of a wood pecker but they will not print here.
              IMG_1607.JPG
              I do have a classic example of how not to take a photo. That tree behind my wife's head, funny how I missed it when I snapped the picture. She spent a couple of hours practicing here in the shade. Some sort of concert thingie coming up.

Comment

• Took this one as a test shot - what everyone needs to see is what things looked like around the truck before the packing was done. There were containers everywhere. The open door shot does not add to the picture.
                IMG_1623.JPG

Comment

• Great shots thanks for sharing

Comment

• Bruce, awesome adventure! That seems like such a great time! GLad you are finally posting some pictures of that beast! I might steal them to share on IG before your boy Nick does.

I have a question for ya'll... What is everyone doing to secure the center of the windsheild? Mine still hinges outward and I am making some thumb screws for the side guides but what about latching it snug in the center? I don't have a regulator, but I do have the hole in the center of the dash from a previous owners LED indicator install. Should I make some sort of Cam turn handle and affix a latch to the frame? Or are folks just leaving it empty?
                    1942 WC53 Carryall in progress.

Comment

• Here you go Alex..

Crude crude crude but effective. Rectangular hole chopped into top of dash. Lever on spring pin rotates into hole to hold the window tight. I think this is stock.

BC - I just showed your camping pix to Julie. She was all "Oh cool! We should meet them!" She's all tickled that we are not alone in using a Carryall for camping.

Our latest camping pic. Last weekend, same weekend as BC?

Alex, were waiting on you now. Get that machine on the road!

-jim lee

Comment

• Someone makes new latches - I hate to admit it but i did not know new latches existed or what they looked like. So I used a house window latch - I will show a picture at some point. I got out in the weeds today we hit a slide which meant rock tossing and some serious spotting.
                        EDIT #3 That rear end does articulate more than I thought. Dropped around 8 inches in this picture.
                        Edit#2 and i spent 20 minutes trying to figure out how to make the images smaller - I hate computers and bad design - should be simple- when i click on the image I should be able to size it before uploading, either that or a site modifies a big file to a size it can handle. grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
                        IMG_0332.jpg

Comment

• I take it you don't have a Mac?

-jim lee

Comment

• I have a mac, my wife was helping me, we even tried google, just got more confused,,,,,,load to iCloud, import,export and she told me :"you were at it for a lot more than twenty minutes, I was here for twenty minutes"
                            You know how to resize on a mac?

Comment

• Ok, stop with the iCloud nonsense! I shut off all that crap on my machines. Drag your pic into iPhoto, select it, choose export from file menu, choose a location, like your desktop and export it "medium" done. Now you have a smaller picture to upload.

Just did some napkin math with Julie here.. I've bought, over the years 14 Macs? Wow! Possibly more that I've forgotten.

-jim

Comment

• Thanks Jim - I think I have my head around it now. Here is a landslide we managed to drive through with a bit of rock tossing. This is the return run after I crawled up through the slide. The trip down was more tense than the trip up. I have to remember not to use my legs to push stuff, like large rocks, my knees hurt a lot today.,
                                "where is the road?" at this point the truck is facing down hill and there is a drop off to the right.
                                IMG_0339 (1).jpg

Comment

Working...
                                X