Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• package deal on carryall parts ......

Do I go for it ?

Finally got out to the farm.Here are some of the items that I came accross.
    Window panel- outer cover for wynd up mech-15
    Window wood - various peices
    Window wind up mech- 3
    Window frame- center -4
    Rear- 3
    Kick panels front cab-5
    Glove boxes-4
    Doors - 5
    Gas tanks- 2
    Rear fenders - 4
    Running boards - 4 dvrs
    Hoods - 3
    Upper tail gate - 2
    Rads - 4
    Dvrs seats - 4
    Pass - 3
    Rear drive shafts - 3
    Other small parts that are inside cab components, plus spare body tub and two spare frames.

The guy wants 2 grand . The problem is I do not have a trailer and need to move the stuff . i would need to recoupe some of my investment too . I do need a bunch of the parts . But do I need another body . I will post pictures when I manage to get to the parts . Snow and a busy seller make things interesting .

take care

Bruce

edit (1) I tossed my 56 Ford big window cab up for sale
    edit (2) The thread rating dropped to 4 .... someone must have rated the thread in the negative zone .

Comment

• Another carryall project

This is Rick's next project . I believe it spent some of its life as a school bus . The rear hatches were modified some time in it's past and made into a sort of a bifold door arrangement.
      I could not get the rear brakes to adjust on the trash truck . Some one had done a great job rebuilding the axles and then put the star wheels in on the wrong side .
      Attached Files

Comment

• School bus back door

I am not sure if I have my facts correct but it sure looks like the top and bottom gates were welded together and then cut vertically to create some panel type doors . The top and bottom hinges are still in place but it looks like the pins have been removed . I would be very tempted to take the two lower halves and try and recreate the original lower tailgate . The history on these vehicles and the mind behind the various modifications is fascinating .
        Attached Files

Comment

• Hi Bruce,
          email those photos to Gordon in Scotland, he can ID it and tell you about the doors in about 15 seconds. He has conducted a lot of research on the early Panels.

Comment

• Yep, thats my truck R(ick)SBuc in Toronto

When i first bought it i notified Gordon (as he is our oversea's resident expert on carryall's). The Yellow bus has been modified pretty heavily in the rear tailgate/liftgate area, which im sure will be a nightmare to fix when i start working on it after the snow clears.

The truck is a 1942 Dodge DD1-16 (116" wheel base) 1/2 ton, 2WD, tranny is stuck, and motor is stuck from sitting in a wheat field for years and years.

I hope to follow in Bruce's and Paul (in ny)'s footsteps and modernize the 'bus' alittle to eventually turn it into my daily driver.

I haven't decided exactly which route im going to take as i dont have all of the fabrication skills that Bruce and Paul have, but it will likely get new axles, brakes, motor, tranny, and possibly new interior. Really i'm just sitting back as a spectator taking notes on what everyone else has done.

Thanks Bruce for posting those pictures for me.

Comment

• Thanks for the update Rick!
              I can tell you that Paul didn't have the fabrication skills that he has now...when he first started....= )
              What a massive undertaking his Carryall was! He most certainly brought that one back from the brink of oblivion...

Comment

• 8 hours of machining today

and all I got to show for my effort is this baby . I would have bought one but my steering box is a tad smaller than other boxes so I was forced to machine my own . I am going for ram assist on my front end . Ram assist takes a lot of the forces off the steering box and frame.
                Attached Files

Comment

• I got a christmas present hooyah

This window frame is one of the best I have ever seen . Except for the dent . At some time in the past a tree smacked the roof . I got a window winder thingie with it too , cowl lights sans the glass and rims and a glove box door .
                  I now have enough parts to assemble a very decent front window frame .
                  Some folks in the PW community have been very helpful . Thanks for the help and parts guys . Now if Redi Strip would derust my truck for free ...... and 10 guys would drop by and finish it off . Heck I would be happy if a PW guy moved on to my street and erected a big shop . Make that a big WARM shop .

Take care

Bruce
                  Attached Files

Comment

• Dodge City?

That would be nice, a Power Wagon Community

Comment

• Nice work Bruce!

Comment

• No posts in 3 weeks .......

I have been working on broken vehicles and getting stoopid chest pains . The symptons are the ones that say "go to emergency now " I have been down this road in one form or another for 11 years now . Basically I have the medical system baffled and I am tired of it . Had blood samples shipped all over north America . They think something is off but can not tag it . So every year or 2 I get nailed with a different sympton . pretty soon I will run out and start repeating a old sympton . But the problem seems to be going away and I am working on the carryall as well as all the other family vehicles that decided to die en mass . Still got my sense of humour too . The nurse looked at me yesterday and said " Hey your heart beat is at 43 is that Normal ? " My response was " Naw it's down a little but I think it's good enough to keep me going " Made her day .
                        Anyways take care out there .

Bruce

Off to Search and rescue debrief

Comment

• Happy New Year Bruce

Missed you!

Comment

• tweaks and more tweaks followed by more tweaks

It is possible to tuck a winch behind the bumper without moving it out too far . I think I will end up 2-3 inch max , but 1.5 inches would be doable with a slight change in bumper design .
                            The thing is to get this to work . I had to toss out my front spring mounts and make another one . I hate building things twice . This is in the mock up stage . lots of fiddling to do yet . I plan on inserting the roller fairhead into the bumper . What I have built is a winch bathtub . The winch will be pretty much undetectable once installed .

I will miss UGG he was a lot of fun .
                            Attached Files

Comment

• Finished the front hangers today .

Worked for 4 hours . So I would think I worked 3 hours at 100% on the two hanger brackets . Lots of welding and then I had to get rid of all the little bits of weld flash that decided to stick in accessable areas . The winch tray / bathtub is next . I need to mark some holes and to do so I need to secure the truck and drop the axle a few inches . After that and I can play with the bumper.

Comment

• 1/2 ton Dust shields/ Drip catchers

Recently found a set of fairly good dust shields that bolt onto the bottom of the chassis either side of the engine of my Carryall. I have been told these bits are hard to find so I am looking at making up a few sets of them. What I need at this stage is some expression of interest if you think you may be interested. Looking at doing a run of about 10 sets but would do a few more if there is enough demand. Once I get an idea of how many I can come back with price and start getting serious
                                Cheers
                                Rob S

Comment

Working...
                                X