The WC53 Carryall thread .

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Window glass run

I believe it is called the window glass run channel.

You can get it either with or without the chrome / stainless bead. Civilian trucks had the chrome bead, military ones didn't. I used the chrome bead version on my VC 3 as it is early 1940.

The repro channel is fine, but the spring catches they sell with it are useless, don't even bother. I just install everything loosely, with the window about half way up, then coat the whole of the top surface of the window run channel, plus as much of the side as I can get to, with adhesive.

Run the window fully up, pushing the channel into place. Let it dry, and then the window should run up and down OK.

You need six lengths for the Carryall, and you have to shorten all six, some more than others. Don't forget to put a putty channel in the bottom of the four rear window boxes to duct the water down to the drain hole, and extend the drain hose down to chassis level so it isn't running water down into the Carryall double outer skin ( as the cheapskate originals did)

Comment

• Originally posted by Gordon(Scotland) View Post
      I believe it is called the window glass run channel.

You can get it either with or without the chrome / stainless bead. Civilian trucks had the chrome bead, military ones didn't. I used the chrome bead version on my VC 3 as it is early 1940.

The repro channel is fine, but the spring catches they sell with it are useless, don't even bother. I just install everything loosely, with the window about half way up, then coat the whole of the top surface of the window run channel, plus as much of the side as I can get to, with adhesive.

Run the window fully up, pushing the channel into place. Let it dry, and then the window should run up and down OK.

You need six lengths for the Carryall, and you have to shorten all six, some more than others. Don't forget to put a putty channel in the bottom of the four rear window boxes to duct the water down to the drain hole, and extend the drain hose down to chassis level so it isn't running water down into the Carryall double outer skin ( as the cheapskate originals did)
      when i cut my walls out i made sure i put drains in to the OUTSIDE. does the stuff you are describing look more like my first, or second picture?

Comment

• Originally posted by mcinfantry View Post
        when i cut my walls out i made sure i put drains in to the OUTSIDE. does the stuff you are describing look more like my first, or second picture?
        It is like the 'flexible channel' shown in your first picture. I found it to be quite good. I had it in place for about five or six years now and it's fine.

I wonder if there is more than one manufacturer? I think mine came from VPW years back.

Gordon

Comment

• Originally posted by Gordon(Scotland) View Post
          It is like the 'flexible channel' shown in your first picture. I found it to be quite good. I had it in place for about five or six years now and it's fine.

I wonder if there is more than one manufacturer? I think mine came from VPW years back.

Gordon
          ill try a few different ones, i suppose, i can be the 'tester'

Comment

• Originally posted by mcinfantry View Post
            ill try a few different ones, i suppose, i can be the 'tester'

Try looking here as well as VPW

http://www.restorationspecialties.co...og%20ebook.pdf

Archie

Comment

• Originally posted by AAIndigo View Post
              Try looking here as well as VPW

http://www.restorationspecialties.co...og%20ebook.pdf

Archie
              thanks! im looking now. the stuff i have that isnt working like i 'think' it should was from vpw

Comment

• engine compartment Engine Compartment, Click for more photos

Comment

• Very nice! Looks like it came from the factory that way (except maybe for the electric fan). Wasn't much room to spare up front though!

Where is your AC compressor mounted?

Comment

• Lee,
                    Things are looking great! What brand is your air filter housing, and where can I get one. You did a great job fitting everything in there.
                    Garrett

Comment

• K&N Apollo. while im not a big k&n fan... its the best i could do.... I called them to get CFM rating and it flows enough for a 4bt.......
                      http://www.knfilters.com/universal/apollo.htm

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/KNN-RC-5052AB

Comment

• Lee what is the rad out of ?

Looks like there is room for a air charge cooler up front . Does the old rad fill location still work ?

Comment

• Originally posted by Bruce in BC View Post
                          Looks like there is room for a air charge cooler up front . Does the old rad fill location still work ?
                          no it does not still work......

the a/c condenser and radiator fill so much of the nose, the only option would be a top inlet/outlet CAC. and i just can NOT see the benefit....

Comment

• Could someone post a close up pic of what the window and weather stripping should look like. Since mine were glued in with liquid nails, I don't think it was factory :}

Comment

• front window or side ?

Side windows are standard fair . The felts pretty much look like what you see up thread a bit . The window glass had a small wiper that would roll up and down with the window and would seal only when the window was up all the way , basically by pressing against the body of the truck . Front window I am working on but need to get the glass cut . Got some window rubber from Steele . looks decent and was 1/2 the price of the other guys .

Bruce

Comment

• can anyone tell me 100% if the 1/2 tailgate will fit the 3/4 ton?
                                or are they taller?

Comment

Working...
                                X