PTO locator bolts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PTO locator bolts

Anyone know where I can find the two conehead locator bolts for a 1948 PTO? It seems the bevel is not the standard 45 deg found on flathead machine bolts.

Vintage Power Wagons should have them.
    Power Wagon Advertiser monthly magazine, editor & publisher.

Why is it that the inside of old truck cabs smell so good?

Comment

Gordon-Unfortunately, they don't. Looks like another special machine shop job, since International Harvestor is Looonnnggg out of business.

Comment

After searching for locater bolts for my early transmission PTO, I gave up and made some. The commonly available flathead machine bolt head angle is 36 deg from vertical, vs the PTO bolt's 27 deg (pic #1). After re-tapering on the lathe, the head lost some dia, but fits the PTO nicely (pic #2). I used 1" Allen head 3/8" dia bolts (coarse thread). Now comes the fun of getting the PTO up in place and getting it shimmed correctly- looks like the brake pedal mount has to take a hike for awhile....
        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by maineSS View Post
          Gordon-Unfortunately, they don't. Looks like another special machine shop job, since International Harvestor is Looonnnggg out of business.
          That would be Detroit Harvester who made the Power-Wagon PTO.

Comment

Well we are still following the Trail of the Moron as we rebuild. Some imbecile managed to break off the bottom 1/2 of one the PTO opening bolts- the only one that is a blind hole, one that needs to be full length, and is one of the locating bolt holes. It's the hole next to the tranny gear that engages the PTO idler, and will be likely be an all-day job to fix. I've never seen a cork gasket smashed so flat- I'd like to have 5 minutes with that idiot- he'd never hold a tool again.....

Comment

Working...
            X