Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Turn Signals

Hello,
    I'm new to the forum, but I've read a lot about turn signals. Has anyone ever rigged the cowl lights as turn signals? My truck is a twelve volt. I've had it for about ten years but am just now starting to work on it. I'll post some pictures when I figure out how.

Charlie

Originally posted by islander View Post
    Hello,
    I'm new to the forum, but I've read a lot about turn signals. Has anyone ever rigged the cowl lights as turn signals? My truck is a twelve volt. I've had it for about ten years but am just now starting to work on it. I'll post some pictures when I figure out how.

Charlie
    Welcome to the forums.

Some of the old Signal-Stat 900 kits came with directions on how to wire the cowl lights as the front turn signals. It has been a while since I had my truck set up this way, but the cowl lights remained cowl lights and functioned exactly the same, with the addition of also becoming turn signals. All of this magic took place within Signal-stat control. No bulbs to change or extra wires to run to the cowl lights. No holes to drill into the fenders to mount signals. The bad part - they are hard to see during daylight and other drivers are not used to looking up towards the windshield to notice turn signals.

My instructions are in such poor condition, being found under the seat, that they do not scan well. I think I have seen someone else here who has a better scan.

Comment

Hi Islander,I think vintage powerwagon has what you want to turn your cowl lights into turn signals.Good luck,John

Comment

Clint and John,

Thanks for the information. I'll see what I can come up with.

Comment

update for others

I'm posting this so others who find this page can access the details for the front turn signal 900 Signal Stat wiring diagram we have on our site. I've also attached the wiring diagram here.

http://www.flyingtigertransport.com/frontsignals.html

Thanks.
          Attached Files

Comment

Working...
          X