Transfer Case

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Transfer Case

A little help please. I am having a problem with my tranfer case. when it is in 2wd the propeller shaft rotates between the transmission & tranfercase but not the rear drive shaft. In 4wd the propeller shaft rotates and the front drive shaft rotates but the rear drive shaft still will not rotate. the truck will not move in 2wd or 4wd(high or low range). Propeller shaft and front drive will rotate by hand with trany and transfer case in neutral with no bind or abnormal sounds. Any ideas.

I was mistaken. All the drive shafts rotate. The axles will not rotate. The only thing I can figure is some one pulled the third members both front and rear. I have spares from another truck. Can I just bolt these spares in or do they have to shimed and meshed with paint to get proper clearance. I think they should just bolt in since I am not changing gear ratios. If the axle shafts were broken would I not hear grinding or clunking coming from them. I can not believe a axle shaft would be broke both front and rear at the same time. Any other ideas. I will check the axles and third members when I get home in about 2 weeks and keep every one posted. Any comments or ideas wood be greatly appreciated.

Comment

Rear passanger axle was broken. Some one removed driver side front axle. What is the proper way to replace. Pull tire off, unbolt drive flange, remove axle nuts, pull bearings and then pull off hub assembly. Does this correct.

Comment

You seem on the right track. Best advise I can give is get a repair manual . You will not be sorry.

Comment

Working...
        X