Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Breather

Need a little help here.

Under the seat of my 56 PW is a filter/breather for the brakes. It is a Fram part number "CA1". It screws onto a pipe coming up through the floor. I need a new one. Any one have an idea where I could find one. Local sources and vintage PW didn't have any.

Thanks

Rick

Originally posted by rkeane View Post
    Need a little help here.

Under the seat of my 56 PW is a filter/breather for the brakes. It is a Fram part number "CA1". It screws onto a pipe coming up through the floor. I need a new one. Any one have an idea where I could find one. Local sources and vintage PW didn't have any.

Thanks

Rick
    Rick, I do not have a truck as new as yours to compare with, but I did some searching of various Power-Wagon related forums and here is some information I found on the subject as posted back in July of 2003:

"FRAM made a filter element in a screw-on orange can (#CA2PL1). The Fram element number is still good on their website, and it crosses to a Wix 42720 or Napa 2720."

I have seen these sell from time to time on ebay and I could have sworn that VPW was the seller.

Comment

Does this one match your dimensions?

Wix 42720 found at:

http://www.wixfilters.com/filterlook...asp?Part=42720
      Attached Files

Comment

[QUOTE=rkeane;71003]Need a little help here.

I also got mine off ebay, same part #.

Comment

Guys,

Thanks for the tips. I will look at the parts store tommorrow for the numbers you gave me. When I really look at it now what I am needing,in addition to the cannister filter, is the part that the cannister screws into. That piece in turn has pipe threads and screws into the pipe coming up through the floor.

Rick

Comment

Working...
          X