New to the PW scene..Help.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New to the PW scene..Help.

I have recently been attacked by the PW bug and have been looking everywhere for photos and information. This is a great site.....

I have a photo of a truck my friend has found and sent to me. Can some of you take a look at it and give me some info on it. Year, positives, negatives, maybe a ball park figure of what it is worth. Any help would be appreciated.

Forgive me if this picture posting thing doesn't work out.

OK, can someone explain how to attach or post a pic. Sorry!

Comment

Where are you located??

Steve

Comment

North Texas. I have a pic I would like to attach but I can't find a way to do it.

Comment

Originally posted by dsjm2005 View Post
          North Texas. I have a pic I would like to attach but I can't find a way to do it.
          Howdy neighbor! I think subcribers & premium forum users only can post pics unless you put a link to another site (i.e. photobucket).

Comment

One more try...

Comment

You got it! Just air up the tires and go.

Comment

Very nice looking truck.

My guess it that it is between 1955 and 1960. I see that it has a third series bed and the smaller front shocks. That puts it after 1955. I also see that it has the front grill even with the radiator cowl that gives it a 230 engine which was last installed in 1960.

Is there a door tag located on the driver’s side door post between the door hinges? If so, what are the model # and the serial #s.

If the tag on the door post is not there, there is usually a number stamped in to the frame in the area behind the left front shock.

You can also check the wheels. Between two of the lugs you will see a two digit number stamped on it. If all four wheels have the same number, it’s also a good indication of the year.

Does your truck have a heater? On the bottom of the heater there is a vent door to warm your feet. I noticed a yellow stamp on the inside of the vent door with a date on it.

Just a few quick thoughts.

You have what appears to be a complete truck with great potential. It seems like a keeper.

Steve in NJ

Comment

I will try to post a picture of my Power Wagon cement mixer here.

Steve

Comment

Thanks Steve. The photos that I have seen show a lot of them with the winch and the "split" bumper. Just wondering if that was an option and why this one just has a straight bumper.

How hard would it be to find the bumper/winch set up and put it on a truck like this?

Comment

For me, finding them is alot easier than paying for them.

The items are simple: winch bumper, winch, 250' of 1/2" winch cable, frame extentions, drive shaft drive shaft u-joints and pto.

Your truck may already have a pto. Is there a large flat lever that is able to slide fowards and backwards to the left of the shifter?

Whats your name?

Steve

Comment

Steve, I haven't "pulled the trigger" on this truck yet. It is something I am looking at and it is still quite a ways away. I have a friend looking at it for me.

My name is Mike and I am really liking these old trucks.

Comment

Another shot

Here is the a rear shot of the truck. What do you think?

Comment

Mike,

There is a complete winch set up for sale in N.H. for...$1,250.00

steve

Comment

Nice find dsjm2005,
                              My guess is that the truck is a late 56 or newer because of the box that is on it.
                              It looks fairly complete, does it run?
                              I've paid anywhere from 300 to 1600 for something similar.
                              I would definitely recommend not buying it because it will only aggravate the P W bug and make it worse...

Comment

Working...
                              X