PTO- snow thrower?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PTO- snow thrower?

I am wondering if a Power wagon would be something that could be used to run a snow blower in the winter, not quite what they use on airport runways, but if it would run the type that you see on the back of a farm tractor?

I saw some pictures of one. It had a chrysler industrial engine in the bed of the power wagon to run the snow blower.

It was up in Canada (if I recall) and was a "purpose" built power wagon that had a contract to keep a certain road open in the winter up there.

Most of the other types of trucks that I have seen that had snow blower on them, also seem to have a separate engine to run the snow blower.

Comment

Northern Tools has a couple of PTO snowblowers in their catalog. The big thing is figuring how much PTO HP you have in low gear at reasonable engine RPM's, since the PW PTO HP is proportional to RPM. Farm tractors have a "live PTO" that can run at an rpm (540 is standard) independent of tranny rpm, but the PW PTO isn't setup that way. You might have to drive a hydraulic pump/motor combo to get the input the snowblower will be designed for.

Comment

You need this.......problem solved.......

Comment

Here is an older post discussing it.

http://www.powerwagonadvertiser.com/...ht=SNOW+BLOWER

Comment

here's a picture hopefully

looks like a 57
            Attached Files

Comment

Cool 57.........wonder if it sold?

Comment

My Dad had a 56 flat fender power wagon line truck with a front mounted boom for setting poles and drilling holes. It died in the 1960's. He gave it to a local mechanic who added a very heavy duty two stage snowblower. The blower was powered by a separate 4 cylinder Wisconsin engine. That thing could really move snow. I wish I had kept some pictures.

Good Luck

rkeane

Comment

Working...
                X