Rear PTO shaft horse power, 47 WDX?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rear PTO shaft horse power, 47 WDX?

I would like to know the rear PTO shaft horse power on a '47 WDX Power Wagon.

Thanks

Originally posted by MontanaWDX View Post
    I would like to know the rear PTO shaft horse power on a '47 WDX Power Wagon.

Thanks
    From November 13 to November 21, 1950, a 1950 model B2PW Power-Wagon, serial number 83920188, was tested as "Nebraska Tractor Test No. 454" at The Experiment Station, University of Nebraska College of Agriculture, Lincoln, Nebraska.

The Department of Agricultural Engineering published results from these 39 hours of testing reported the following horsepower summary:

Observed maximum horsepower - 39.96 drawbar and 42.40 belt.

Sea level maximum horsepower (calculated) - 40.54 drawbar and 43.26 belt.

Seventy-five percent of calculated maximum drawbar horsepower and eighty-five percent of calculated maximum belt horsepower (formerly ASAE and SAE ratings) - 30.41 drawbar and 36.77 belt.

There were no tests performed directly off of the tailshaft with the belt pulley drive removed. However, for all practical purposes, tailshaft results would be the same as those taken from the belt pulley drive.

The purpose of these University of Nebraska tests were to establish a level playing field for use in comparing tractors from different manufactures. The claimed horsepower ratings from the manufactures were not considered in the tests. Dodge literature from the time period simply listed Brake Horsepower - gross, 94 at 3200 r.p.m. and Taxable Horsepower, 25.35.

Not much had changed between 1946 and 1950. I would expect the tailshaft horsepower to be about the same on your WDX.

Comment

The spec sheet at www.dodgepowerwagon.com/main/spec230.html lists 35 Hp @1700 RPM for the tailshaft. Look under "Tail Shaft Drive"- last category.

Comment

Working...
      X