"The Confluence of Old and New"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "The Confluence of Old and New"

My new machine to fill me need for speed....
    1995 Ducati 900SS
    Attached Files

Very nice. I was admiring a Monster in a showroom recently. I can't afford it, but it was beautiful.
    Power Wagon Advertiser monthly magazine, editor & publisher.

Why is it that the inside of old truck cabs smell so good?

Comment

Yep, Italian stuff is quite a bit more expensive than the Japaneese stuff. I never thought I could afford a Ducati although I had always wanted one, but the older 2V models are getting quite affordable, and I was able to do some trading to get this one.
      Of course mantinance is expensive. I got a estimate fron Ducati for a complete wringing out, valve adjust, belt change, carb tune, and suspension tune. $900-$1200!
      So it looks like I'm going to figure out how to work on my own stuff through the winter...
      Attached Files

Comment

Nice Catch

An Italian crotch-rocket, whatz the top end of that machine, she looks fast just sittin' next to the PW?

Comment

Originally posted by Gordon Maney View Post
          Very nice. I was admiring a Monster in a showroom recently. I can't afford it, but it was beautiful.
          I have never put much attention towards motorcycles, would someone fill me in a bit?

What's a Monster?

How are the Italian superbikes different than those from Japan?...

Comment

Originally posted by Jason Mills View Post
            I have never put much attention towards motorcycles, would someone fill me in a bit?

What's a Monster?

How are the Italian superbikes different than those from Japan?...
            It is a model of motorcycle made by Ducati.

As for your second question, I am uncertain how to answer that. Some would suggest that the essence and character of motorcycles made in Japan differ greatly from those made in continental Europe. The same might be said to be true of automobiles made in those two places.
            Power Wagon Advertiser monthly magazine, editor & publisher.

Why is it that the inside of old truck cabs smell so good?

Comment

That makes perfect sense now that you say it. another thing to explore and delight in the discovery of....

Comment

Working...
              X