E7T2 Carb air cleaner

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• E7T2 Carb air cleaner

My newly acquired 54 M37 plow truck has a civilian 230 transplant with an E7T2 carburetor but no air cleaner. I'm pretty sure the carb hasn't seen filtered air in 15 years but that just make me nervous. Anyone have any leads on an air cleaner for that carb - aftermarket or a cross over is ok. All the good parts go on my other M37 - the plow truck is destined never to leave the property - she is just a plow truck. And her yearly budget is pretty much limited to oil changes and hydraulic fluid for the plow - the air cleaner is pushing the envelope. (Well not really)

Thanks
    Jim

Vintage power wagons

Comment

Yes I thought about VPW but man they get you in shipping fees plus the restocking fee if it does not fit. Picked up a universal aircleaner at one of the auto parts chain stores - looks like it more for a small engine but might try it none the less.

The folks on G741 mentioned a Mr Gasket cleaner and they only sell those at the local VIP parts stores - whom I have sucessfully avoided for ten years after a bad customer experience. Oh well might have to break my ten year boycott.

Jim
      2 x 1955 M37
      1970 Jeep J2000
      www.knockabouttoys.com

Comment

Working...
      X