Initial settings for an E7T2 carb

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Initial settings for an E7T2 carb

Anybody have the initial settings for an E7T2 carburetor? Just about finished cleaning it all up and time to put it back together.
    I am guessing that it is similiar to the ETW2 settings?

Thanks
    Jim

Are you meaning float level, idle mixture, or what?

When in doubt, lacking float level specifications, I recommend you do nothing. Chances are good that the float level was just fine before.

Regarding idle mixture, 1-1/2 turns out is a good place to start, then do a final adjustment at normal operating temperature and a very slow idle speed.
    Power Wagon Advertiser monthly magazine, editor & publisher.

Why is it that the inside of old truck cabs smell so good?

Comment

Thanks Gordon-
      Yes I am treating the adjustments like an ETW1 carb and going with that. Picked up a rebuild kit from The Carburator Shop not sure if I like the kit or not – seems lacking in parts (compared to a ETW1 kit). Don't plan on touching the float level - as you have mentioned sometimes just leave it alone. I have learned that lesson and sometimes I forget that lesson (just ask my other M37, the snowblower, or the generator).

Actually looks like I am missing the little circle flap thingy on the choke butterfly - might try a ETW1 replacement and see what happens - can't be anyworse. Makes me wonder were the missing pieces ended up. Thats a project for the summer (if ever)- way to cold under the barn to mess with that stuff.

The truck runs pretty poorly - just a plow truck but 6 gallons of gas for a few hours of plowing is pretty steep. The float chamber was chock a block full of light brown sediment stuff that has etched the carb and coated everything in its path. The stuff barely gives way to Chem-Dip and carb cleaner - ended up using dental probes and q tips to scrath it all away.

Other problems that I have discovered is that half the throttle linkage is a cobbled M37 linkage to the civilian carb - so no adjustments on that side of things it is all welded and bent together. Otherwise I would have slapped on my spare ETW1 carb and called it good.

Oh well keeps it interesting.

Jim

Comment

Working...
      X