e7T2 identification

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• e7T2 identification

Recently purchased a E7T2 rebuild kit for my carb and it turns out that the sandwich gaskets (2) and the needle/seat are wrong for this carb.
    Speaking with the Carb guy (carburetor shop) he thinks that the E7T2 top plate might have been put on a different number carter carb bottom. Not to sure on that one - but I will go along for a bit. Also makes me wonder about all the other parts I used from the kit.

The gaskets were an easy fix - just made some up, but the needle is something else - would have to send the original back to get the correct one -but can't be with out the plow truck this time of year - 5 to 7 inches of snow today falling as we speak.

Bit of a catch-22.

Anybody have any ideas on which bottom the E7T2 carb top plate would fit.

The Carburator Shop was helpful in trying to fix the problem - just can't send him my only working part in the winter. Be a whole different story in the middle of the summer.

Any thoughts? I also posted this on the G741 forum as well.

Thanks
    Jim

I've got a used one I will part with.. was collecting carbs there for a while thinking I wanted a dual carb set up.. have put a single two BBL on the truck... one is a E7T2 I believe, the other has different numbers on it but appears to be the same.. That would get you through the winter plowing season.

Comment

Thanks Jason
      I actually started bidding on one on EBay the other day. I will keep you posted on that one.

The old carb actually works - and at this point it seems that every old part of the truck crumbles in my hands. So for now I am going to try not to touch anything. If it runs thats ok with me, not enought time to fix it properly.

I'll probably send out the next carb and have it rebuilt that way there are no questions or issues down the road.

Jim

Comment

Working...
      X