T Case offset driveline question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• T Case offset driveline question

My 58 FFPW has the T case with the rear driveline offset for the rear end. Can you run a 205 with the output in the center or will it scarf U joints like crazy? Or can you swap out the input shaft & adapter from a 93 Dodge 205 to the original case and convert it to a married unit?

Think maybe I found the answer athttp://www.m715zone.com/vb/pages/manuals/lubeindex.pdf
    According to this I think a center rear output might work.

Comment

You can run the driveshaft off the center shaft on the OEM T-case with the right adapter, but you also have to run a center diff (usually the axle from the WW II trucks). There's too much angle to go to the offset diff without a special driveshaft- haven't heard of anyone trying that route.

Comment

Yeah kind of came to the same conclusion. Thought it might fly but when I set the motor, trans, T case in the frame and ran a string from the rear end yoke to the T case you could tell there wasn't a chance.
        Looks like I am on the hunt for a center input rear end. or an adapter to put the original case to a 727 automatic. Wonder if I could use a transmission from a 2wd and a short driveshaft to the oem T case?

Comment

Working...
        X