wm300 front bumper & pto value

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• wm300 front bumper & pto value

Hi fellas. Am looking to buy a 1962 wm300 truck and the one im looking at has the wrong bumper and pto on it. It does have a braden winch on it though.I was told that the bumper on it is off af a wc3/4 ton. anyhow, how much should i value a correct bumper and pto unit for? Looks like it needs new mounting bracket for spare tire as well. Thanks mark

Ok and some big questions when i go to see the vehicle what are some of the larger things i should be looking for other then rust in the panels, emblems, and completeness of interior.

Mark,

The bumpers from a WC 3/4 winch model are the same as a WM 300 , the only difference would be a minor style change in the tow hooks, even the upper & lower gussets are the same. The rear winch mounting bracket does however change in '61. Or is this a one piece bumper? Could you post a picture, so we could positively ID it for you?
    From VPW a pair of new winch bumpers is $300.00 , New bed side mounted spare tire bracket $125.00 and a rebuilt dual output PTO for the NP420 tranny will run about $650.00

As far as what to look for in a PW, the 3 most important things to me are: a good solid frame, good sheet metal, and a nice windshield frame. Everything else is usually just maintenance. Anything that's been sitting needs brakes, 50 year old wiring is usually a mess, there won't be a gasket or seal that holds oil till you replace it, there will always be mouse nests & mouse poop in the seat cushion, old weatherstrip always needs changed ...

Hope you get the truck !

Jens

Comment

pics

yep, i will take and post pics when i pick up truck. am waiting on title.

have a pto comming but need a shaft from pto to the winch. also need the mirrors on each side of the truck, and i think windhield wipers.

Comment

Working...
      X