Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• constantly amazed

These old trucks keep amazing me.

My B-3 has been sitting in the barn for about a month. Temps here have not gotten above freezing hardly the whole time, with some nights down near zero.

I needed to move the truck to get to some hay the day before yesterday. I poured a couple teaspoons of gas down the carb, got in, choked her and pumped the pedal a few times. Fired right up and purred like a daily driver.

Sweet.
    1951 B-3 Delux Cab, Braden Winch, 9.00 Power Kings
    1976 M880, power steering, 7.50x16's, flat bed, lots of rust & dents
    1992 W250 CTD, too many mods to list...
    2005 Jeep KJ CRD

When I bought my B1, it hadn't run in 5 years. Some fresh gas down the carb and a new battery- it fired right up. A friend let a modern vehicle sit for 1 year- there was no starting it up without a LOT of work!

Comment

The only time mine wouldn't start was last month when it was 28 below zero. I jump started it and hit the road. Cold gear oil in the transmission was the bigger problem. To put it mildly, I made a little noise.

Comment

Amazed

When I bought my PW it had been in a shed for 25 to 30 years, the air cleaner was removed and the engine seized. Cylinder head off, free the stuck piston and head back on. Same head gasket, new spark plugs some fuel down the carby and away it went. A little more fine tuning, runs well now.

Comment

Oldies but goodies...

From hanging out with Judd for as long as I did, I saw him bring some trucks back to life that still make me smile and shake my head.

The best one was the old WC with the tree growing up through the bumper and grill. It fired up!

I guess that's the difference now-a-days... when a flat fender says "Ran when parked" it's basically telling you it'll fire up again. "Ran when parked" for anything built after about 1973 it means - fergedaboutit!

Comment

And the only time I have unintended acceleration is when someone pulls out the throttle control and the only time I have interupted braking is when I let the MC drip dry...
            1951 B-3 Delux Cab, Braden Winch, 9.00 Power Kings
            1976 M880, power steering, 7.50x16's, flat bed, lots of rust & dents
            1992 W250 CTD, too many mods to list...
            2005 Jeep KJ CRD

Comment

Remember: our trucks don't "leak", they're just "marking their territory".

: )

Comment

Best one I heard is that a Leak is not a problem unless you can't easily jump across the puddle....

Comment

You know there is a problem when the leak stops.
                  I drive a DODGE, not a ram!

Thanks,
                  Will
                  WAWII.com

1946 WDX Power Wagon - "Missouri Mule"
                  1953 M37 - "Frankenstein"
                  1993 Jeep YJ - "Will Power"
                  1984 Dodge Ramcharger - "2014 Ramcharger"
                  2006 3500 DRW 4WD Mega Cab - "Power Wagon Hauler"

Comment

The oldest car I have (1926) does not have hydraulic brakes. It can sit for a long time, and the brakes work fine (at least as fine as they ever do...)

Comment

power wagon poop

On the subject of oil leaks. my two year old grand daughter is in the garage with me quite a bit in the summer helping pappaw work on the pw. the only way I knew to keep her out of the oil on the floor was to tell her it was power wagon poop and not to step in it, yuuuucccckkkkk!!!! I have no problem with her tracking dirty oil in to the house! she is very careful to not step in the poop! Dave.

Comment

Working...
                      X