M37 and flat fender headlight buckets

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• M37 and flat fender headlight buckets

Please be patient if this is a dumb question. Are the M37 and flat fender headlight buckets the same? Any info appreciated!

Originally posted by willpower View Post
    Please be patient if this is a dumb question. Are the M37 and flat fender headlight buckets the same? Any info appreciated!
    Not a dumb question at all

They are not alike.

Comment

Nope...

Although they're not alike, I have seen a flat-fender with M-37 buckets mounted on the fender, most (non-Dodge) folks probably wouldn't even know the difference. And, since the M-37 style are probably more plentiful and cheaper when you find them, I thought it was an okay conversion.

Comment

They are certainly interchangeable if correctness doesn't matter. I figured since this gentleman ask, most likely correctness is an issue for him. The civilian ones don't get water trapped in as bad because of the design. Rather hard to find M37 ones that aren't rust damaged as a result of trapped water.

Comment

Ha!...

Water trapped in the headlight buckets, GREAT! Nothing like mixing water with electricity!

Thinking about it... I guess most of my M-37s have been ex-fire trucks stored inside 'cause their headlights AND that little dent/shelf underneath have, for the most part, been okay.

Comment

Working...
          X