Trico Wiper Motors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trico Wiper Motors

hey so i have a set of the trico vaccume operated wiper motors. i have completely dissassembled them cleaned them out and polished them, then reassembled them. one works some of the time and one wont work at all. i have them hooked up to a vaccume line on my 87 s-10. is that enough vaccume to run them? how much vaccume did the old dodges have? i resued all the original parts and gaskets, as they all looked good, and i oiled everything up good upon reassembly

Originally posted by tonkaman View Post
    hey so i have a set of the trico vaccume operated wiper motors. i have completely dissassembled them cleaned them out and polished them, then reassembled them. one works some of the time and one wont work at all. i have them hooked up to a vaccume line on my 87 s-10. is that enough vaccume to run them? how much vaccume did the old dodges have? i resued all the original parts and gaskets, as they all looked good, and i oiled everything up good upon reassembly
    Yes, manifold vacuum, at idle, from any other gasoline engine in an automobile or truck would be just fine.
    Power Wagon Advertiser monthly magazine, editor & publisher.

Why is it that the inside of old truck cabs smell so good?

Comment

Trico Repair Sources

These are great resources to get Vacuum wiper motors repaired. Good Luck.

Trico Vacuum Wiper Rebuilding
      Ficken Wiper Service
      132 Calvert Ave
      West Babylon, NY. 11704

Original Vacuum Wiper Parts
      Fitts, Ed
      8 Juniper Circle
      Canton, CT 06019

203-379-5244
      Mornings

Trico vacuum wiper rebuilders
      Clean Sweep
      Kent Jaquith

2633 SW Obsidian Ave. #15
      Redmond, Oregon 97756

541-923-4319
      541-350-7426 cell

Comment

These are good sources if your heart is set on vacuum, however you will be way better off changing to electric. Vacuum just ain't with it, much better exist these days.

Comment

I have completely them cleaned them out and polished them, then reassembled them. one works some of the time and one wont work at all.

Comment

The trico wiper motors need grease instead of oil. were they full of a sticky nasty looking crud? if so, that was the original parifin based grease. I used a good wheel bearing grease in mine and they work fine! another place to look is the small passages under the valve on top, make sure they are open, and be sure the the small direction changer under the tin cap on the side is clean and lubed. if possible watch it work without the cap on. it will help in understanding how they work. be careful with the little cap, there are some very delicate parts inside!! good luck! Dave.

Comment

Originally posted by pwdave View Post
              The trico wiper motors need grease instead of oil. were they full of a sticky nasty looking crud? if so, that was the original parifin based grease. I used a good wheel bearing grease in mine and they work fine! another place to look is the small passages under the valve on top, make sure they are open, and be sure the the small direction changer under the tin cap on the side is clean and lubed. if possible watch it work without the cap on. it will help in understanding how they work. be careful with the little cap, there are some very delicate parts inside!! good luck! Dave.

hmm yea grease might help, instead of oil. ill try that they would have more vaccume then.

Comment

Working...
              X