New pics of Fenway

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New pics of Fenway

Momma's got a knack for the camera. I wish she would go on more escapades with me and my truck.

I think she shot about 50 pictures today at her Daddy's pasture on a bluff high above Des Moines. I'll get them off to Gordon for the magazine.

Here is a little sample.
    Attached Files

If you look above the "E" in DODGE, you can see the gold-domed Iowa State Capital in the background. It's a beautiful building but the occupancy is mostly lawyers. It's a good building to view from a distance.

I'm done playing on the computer for now. I'll send the rest of the photos to Gordon.
    Attached Files

Comment

Kevin, great looking shots. It's amazing how a different angle can make such a difference between a picture and GREAT picture. Are those Baja Claws? I've wondered about putting those on my TW?

Comment

They are indeed Baja Claws. I love how they perform but still think they look a little odd on an old truck. I'm looking forward to building up my original Budd rims with Power Kings this summer.

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin Mienke View Post
          If you look above the "E" in DODGE, you can see the gold-domed Iowa State Capital in the background. It's a beautiful building but the occupancy is mostly lawyers. It's a good building to view from a distance.

I'm done playing on the computer for now. I'll send the rest of the photos to Gordon.

This could give rise to some lawyer jokes.....
          Power Wagon Advertiser monthly magazine, editor & publisher.

Why is it that the inside of old truck cabs smell so good?

Comment

They are indeed Baja Claws. I love how they perform but still think they look a little odd on an old truck. I'm looking forward to building up my original Budd rims with Power Kings this summer.
            Hi Kevin,
            Fenway is looking Great!!
            I like the tires, but I too am not sure of the looks on an older truck.
            That said, they do seem to be growing on me the more I see the picture!
            Will you be spending some time in Fairfield this year?
            Take Care,
            Tom
            WDX & Misc. Pics.
            http://www.t137.com/cpg/index.php?cat=10010
            "47" Dodge WDX WW
            "52" Dodge M-37 WW
            "54" Willys M38A1
            "65" Kaiser M35A1 WW
            "77" Chev. K-30 400T,205,4.56 "No-Spin"
            "84" Chev, K-30 Cummins 6-BTA 400,205,3.73Locker
            "86" Chev, M1028A2 (K30) 6.2,400.205,4.56 Locker
            "99" Dodge Durango "Limited Slip"
            "99" Dodge 3500 CTD 4x4"No-Spin"

Comment

Originally posted by Tom Petroff View Post
              Hi Kevin,
              Fenway is looking Great!!
              I like the tires, but I too am not sure of the looks on an older truck.
              That said, they do seem to be growing on me the more I see the picture!
              Will you be spending some time in Fairfield this year?
              Take Care,
              Tom
              I'll definitely make it to Fairfield, but the jury is still out on Colt and Momma.

I bought those tires and wheels because they are practical in the sense that I can run with virtually no air in them. They really do well both on-road and off-road. But I have always preferred the look of the Budd rims with a thin and tall tire. Ron is bringing a set of 9x16 Power Kings to the rally for me.

I'm looking forward to seeing everybody. It was a long, cold winter.
              Attached Files

Comment

Kevin, you missed a spot next to your left elbow. :)

Comment

I'll definitely make it to Fairfield, but the jury is still out on Colt and Momma.

I bought those tires and wheels because they are practical in the sense that I can run with virtually no air in them. They really do well both on-road and off-road. But I have always preferred the look of the Budd rims with a thin and tall tire. Ron is bringing a set of 9x16 Power Kings to the rally for me.

I'm looking forward to seeing everybody. It was a long, cold winter.
                  Your urban, minivan-driving neighbors will complain about you parking that unsightly thing crossways in your driveway.

Comment

Kevin, All I can say is awesome! what a sweetheart. Where did you get your rims? I agree the rims and tires aren't period correct but they would be perfect here in eastern Wy all we have is a inch of grass over sand so when you break through when it is wet, you pretty much stay right there. Not to mention a sever shortage of trees to hook the winch to. So wide tires are a real plus.

Comment

Originally posted by Gordon Maney View Post
                      Your urban, minivan-driving neighbors will complain about you parking that unsightly thing crossways in your driveway.
                      The latest grievance that they have with me is the sound of my buzz welder.

Comment

Originally posted by sret43 View Post
                        Kevin, you missed a spot next to your left elbow. :)
                        Now I'm gonna have to get Colt out there to do the whole thing over tomorrow.

Comment

The latest grievance that they have with me is the sound of my buzz welder.
                          Foam earplugs are cheap. You might buy a box and give the whiny complainers a pair to wear.

Comment

Originally posted by BrightRanch View Post
                            Kevin, All I can say is awesome! what a sweetheart. Where did you get your rims? I agree the rims and tires aren't period correct but they would be perfect here in eastern Wy all we have is a inch of grass over sand so when you break through when it is wet, you pretty much stay right there. Not to mention a sever shortage of trees to hook the winch to. So wide tires are a real plus.
                            I had those rims built by Marsh Racing Wheels out of Arkansas. Will Watson had used Marsh prior to me, so all I had to do was phone them and tell them what I wanted. They had everything on file for the Power Wagon.

Comment

Originally posted by Gordon Maney View Post
                              Foam earplugs are cheap. You might buy a box and give the whiny complainers a pair to wear.
                              I think those minivans are supposed to be quite sound-tight and have televisions in them. Possibly they could enjoy their evening watching TV in their reclining minivan seats and never hear anything but the comforting sound of sit-coms and lawyer shows.

Comment

Working...
                              X