Ignition options

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ignition options

I am tossing around ideas for what I want to do for a distributor for my Power Wagon. Currently, it is running the 6 volt non-vacuum advance distributor off of my B3-D, which works fine, but I want to get the D driveable, hence need another unit. A surplus parts dealer told me he could get a 12 volt coil for a M37 waterproof unit, which would be nice seeing as how I have been avoiding water crossings like the plague because of my low-mounted distributor, but that would necessitate a 12 volt conversion that I might not want to do yet, and plugs and wires are spendy. I could buy a new standard distributor, which would also work well for going to 12 volt later. The option that I like so far though, is finding a magneto off an industrial engine. Will work with whatever voltage setup I want, simple, and reliable.

My hangup is wanting to know more about the chrysler magnetos, as in can I get parts for them, mech. tach drive, how well they would work in a truck application, and where to find one?

Any advice is appreciated.
    Last edited by sixtyninegmc; 04-17-2010, 10:32 PM. Reason: omissions
Working...
X