Clear All

• levers

I just bought a b2pw126
    1st how does winch operate inside cab and outside is there a manual on line
    2nd which lever is the in and out for 4wd, which way is in which way is out
    3rd which lever is the high and low and is there a netrual

[QUOTE=olgraybeard;79601]I just bought a b2pw126
    1st how does winch operate inside cab and outside
    As the engine is idling, step on the clutch, then move the PTO lever. It will cause the winch to turn a particular direction. As I sit here I can't remember which direction of lever motion yields which direction of drum rotation. You will find out immediately when you try it.

There is also a clutch lever at the winch, allowing you to declutch or stop the winch at that location.

which lever is the in and out for 4wd, which way is in which way is out
    which lever is the high and low and is there a netrual
    Look at the levers. One lever, when both levers are forward, prevents the other lever from being pulled back. That is intentional. The front axle has to be engaged before you can choose low range.

The one you can pull back when they are both forward is for engaging the front axle. The other lever is for high and low range. In the forward position it is in high range and in the rearward position it is in low range.
    Power Wagon Advertiser monthly magazine, editor & publisher.

Why is it that the inside of old truck cabs smell so good?

Comment

thanks for info, the problem I have is all the slack is taken up on the winch and it is hooked to the bumper. as you know you can't see winch from inside the cab. so I don't want to push lever inside the cab the wrong way and "eat" the bumper. I can't get the declutch mech on the outside to move. I pull up on the knob but I can't push it back towards the grill it is pulled forward right now and drum won't free spool (the linkage is free the drum won't move). (Next paycheck will be a subscription) is there any scanned maintance or operator manuals on line for the winch or the truck. Thanks for the help, Igoing to bleed brakes now :(

Comment

Originally posted by olgraybeard View Post
        thanks for info, the problem I have is all the slack is taken up on the winch and it is hooked to the bumper. as you know you can't see winch from inside the cab. so I don't want to push lever inside the cab the wrong way and "eat" the bumper. I can't get the declutch mech on the outside to move. I pull up on the knob but I can't push it back towards the grill it is pulled forward right now and drum won't free spool (the linkage is free the drum won't move). (Next paycheck will be a subscription) is there any scanned maintance or operator manuals on line for the winch or the truck. Thanks for the help, Igoing to bleed brakes now :(
        You are just dang lucky I am unemployed and at home.... :-)

I dug out the R series manual covering the WM300. Moving the PTO lever toward the seat unwinds the cable. Moving the PTO lever toward the dash board will wind up [the manual's language] the cable.
        Power Wagon Advertiser monthly magazine, editor & publisher.

Why is it that the inside of old truck cabs smell so good?

Comment

thanks again I just got off disability the day after I got the truck (8 months off) just my luck now that I have something to play with, but I do have Thursday, Sat and Sun off.

Comment

You might try working the pto shaft with vise grips or a pipe wrech to release the pressure on the cable and try the clutch then. if there is to much pressure on the drum you cant get the clutch out.

Comment

Christmas came early got my income tax refund ordered a subscription, some back issues and shop manual might help with all my questions thanks again

Comment

Working...
              X