251 Oversized main bearings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 251 Oversized main bearings

I'm having a hard time finding the main bearing for a 251 engine (1968 WM300) VPW is telling me I have an MS engine. An experimential engine that Dodge had? The main bearing housing bore is 2.693 and the normal bore should be closer to 1.99? Has anyone heard of this? Thought on getting new bearings? Thanks george

I would check with some local automotive machine shop that deals in parts.
    Power Wagon Advertiser monthly magazine, editor & publisher.

Why is it that the inside of old truck cabs smell so good?

Comment

Local shops

I started with the local shops, when they couldn't get the correct bearing I called VPW and was told about these MS engines. i might be looking for a 251 block.

Comment

Local shops

I started with the local shops, when they couldn't get the correct bearing I called VPW and was told about these MS engines.Sounds strange to me.

Comment

are there any part numbers on the bearing

Comment

Yes

the # on the main bearing is MS 13969-1

Comment

Give these people a try, they found a bearing for me for a 1937 Goulding sidecar and I didn't have a number http://www.mcguirebearing.com/?page_id=33 if they can't help you, google bearing distributors. A MS (military standard) bearing shouldn't be that hard to find. More info http://www.wbparts.com/rfq/3120-00-554-4082.html . NSN 3120-00-554-4082 is the national stock number for that bearing and the MS number is the specification that it is made by.

Comment

Thanks for the info

Thanks for the info!

Comment

.10 under bearing

Olgraybeard, Would you have a part number for the bearing I'm looking for that's .10 under from the current Ms13969-1?

Comment

You will have to contact a bearing distributer have them locate a bearing equal to what you have and then go from there. I don't have access to MS standards anymore.

Comment

Working...
                    X