mu-2 assembly

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mu-2 assembly

I am trying to mount a mu-2 winch to my 1950 pw. Can some one tell me the sizes of fine thread bolts, amount, and placement of where they go.

Not sure exactly what you mean, but if you're just talking about the bolts between the frame extensions and the frame, I have four 1/2" by 1 1/4" bolts on the bottom and side of each extension (2 on the bottom, 2 on the side), and one 1/2" by 2" on the top of each (where they also have to go through the front of winch base bracket). You'll also need two bolts 1/2" by 1 3/4" or so for the rear of the winch base bracket where the bolts are beyond the frame extension. I'm starin' at mine right now cause I just got it back on the truck, so this should be right.

anyway, hopefully this is what you wanted

Comment

There are (6) 1 1/14" bolts that mount the winch assembly to the truck frame, I believe the OEM size is 7/16". Use Grade 8- they see a lot of stress. If you're also bolting the winch to its angle iron frame, you'll need (8) additional 1 1/2" X 7/16 bolts, also Grade 8. When I assembled my split bumper, tow hooks and winch, I spent close to $100 on bolts... After you have it bolted up, rotate it thru 1 complete revolution by hand. If it binds up, find out why- it's likely due to distortion of the winch frame after it's tightened down, in which case shimming will be required.

Comment

thank you.

Comment

Working...
        X