Hard to Crank After Stalling Out

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by olgraybeard View Post
    I have the same problem in a VW bug is the fiberglass tubing made for this application, is it just fiberglass or does it have some insulation like what they use on larger pipes to keep from freezing. also been told but not confirmed to route fuel line so it slopes upward to electric fuel pump and then upward to carb so vapor isn't trapped in the line
    It is sleeving that fits snugly over the tubing, you can use in any application you desire.

Comment

Originally posted by Charles Talbert View Post
      I'll have to check and see what we paid for what we have.
      The sleeve we have on hand fits up to a 3/8" tube, is good up to 1200* and is black in color. Cost is $10 per ft.

Comment

Thanks to all

First off: I ended up finding some on another website that was pretty cheap, so no, i don't need to order any sleeving. Thanks though.

To everyone who commented on this thread, thank you all so much. For a fifteen year old kid who has always just worked on lawnmowers, you guys saved me so much time and effort. I ordered the sleeving and heat shield from VPW, today, and it should be in sometime next week. I'll let yall know how it goes.

Comment

also, as far as getting it started going, it starts much more reliably now that I reset the timing and turned a few screws on the carb. Hopefully it will be fully reliable when the heat protection comes in.

Comment

...attaching the heat shield?

Can anyone post a picture, or in a very detailed manner, explain the way the heat shield is connected around the fuel pump? I ordered one off of VPW and it came in today. I, honestly, have no idea how i'm supposed to attach it.

Comment

Originally posted by chance9888 View Post
              Can anyone post a picture, or in a very detailed manner, explain the way the heat shield is connected around the fuel pump? I ordered one off of VPW and it came in today. I, honestly, have no idea how i'm supposed to attach it.
              it goes on the exhaust manifold's far right side the manifold end nut is is loosened, and and the shield is placed between the manifold and the fuel pump. Also there may be a hole in the heat shield to attache it above the fuel pump.

Comment

Working...
              X