New here....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New here....

I just wanted to extend my greetings to all here on PWA forum. I am new here.

Originally posted by Maund Motorworks View Post
    I just wanted to extend my greetings to all here on PWA forum. I am new here.
    Welcome! Tell us about your truck....

C.D.
    1949 B-1 PW (Gus)
    1955 C-3 PW (Woodrow)
    2001 Dodge 2500 (Dish...formerly Maney's Mopar)
    1978 Suzuki GS1000EC (fulfills the need...the need for speed)
    1954 Ford 860 tractor
    1966 Chrysler LS 16 sailboat (as yet un-named)
    UVA UVAM VIVENDO VARIA FITS

Comment

Originally posted by Cheyenne Dave View Post
      Welcome! Tell us about your truck....

C.D.
      You are going to get to read about it in an article covering his 426 wedge conversion.

:-)

If I mailed you a pencil maybe you could write something.

Do you know how to write?

I wonder what he is thinking now.....
      Power Wagon Advertiser monthly magazine, editor & publisher.

Why is it that the inside of old truck cabs smell so good?

Comment

Dave, I actually own two civilian FFPWs. One of them is my main point of focus currently, and as Gordon stated, it now has a 426 Wedge in place of the old 230 flathead. The second is currently down to bare frame and will come back to life as a dump truck with a snowplow, 413 4 speed. Both trucks are being built as drivers and not trailer queens, but the 426W truck will definitely be the showpiece of the two. I am presently working on getting Gordon the proper pictures for an article on the big block swap, so everyone will get to see what I've built in the relatively near future.
        The 426W truck has underwent a full repower, engine, transmission, transfer case, and axles. I retained the original suspension and did my best to keep the conversions clean looking and not looking like a hackjob. It has the 426W with an NV4500 5 speed OD, divorced NP205 twin-stick transfer case, and 4.10 Dana 60s front and rear. There are many scratchbuilt parts as well as parts from other Dodges in this truck, so in a way I consider it to be like a mechanical "greatest hits album" of Dodge parts past and present. Once more, the article will better tell the tale.
        The other truck getting the 413/NP435 repower was a running truck when I bought it and I actually drove it to lunch almost every day. Then the flathead died. It is getting 4.10 gearing as well and is getting dual wheels on the back. That project is still in the earlier stages, but I am not getting fancy with this one like I did the other. After all, this one is coming back as a daily workhorse as originally intended.

Comment

Originally posted by Gordon Maney View Post
          You are going to get to read about it in an article covering his 426 wedge conversion.

:-)

If I mailed you a pencil maybe you could write something.

Do you know how to write?

I wonder what he is thinking now.....
          Oops! That sounds like an editor drawing a line in the sand!

Yessir...I think I know how to write...and I know I am remiss in doing so. That will be my first task when I get my new computer.

C.D.
          1949 B-1 PW (Gus)
          1955 C-3 PW (Woodrow)
          1954 Ford 860 tractor

Comment

Originally posted by Maund Motorworks View Post
            Dave, I actually own two civilian FFPWs. One of them is my main point of focus currently, and as Gordon stated, it now has a 426 Wedge in place of the old 230 flathead. The second is currently down to bare frame and will come back to life as a dump truck with a snowplow, 413 4 speed. Both trucks are being built as drivers and not trailer queens, but the 426W truck will definitely be the showpiece of the two. I am presently working on getting Gordon the proper pictures for an article on the big block swap, so everyone will get to see what I've built in the relatively near future.
            The 426W truck has underwent a full repower, engine, transmission, transfer case, and axles. I retained the original suspension and did my best to keep the conversions clean looking and not looking like a hackjob. It has the 426W with an NV4500 5 speed OD, divorced NP205 twin-stick transfer case, and 4.10 Dana 60s front and rear. There are many scratchbuilt parts as well as parts from other Dodges in this truck, so in a way I consider it to be like a mechanical "greatest hits album" of Dodge parts past and present. Once more, the article will better tell the tale.
            The other truck getting the 413/NP435 repower was a running truck when I bought it and I actually drove it to lunch almost every day. Then the flathead died. It is getting 4.10 gearing as well and is getting dual wheels on the back. That project is still in the earlier stages, but I am not getting fancy with this one like I did the other. After all, this one is coming back as a daily workhorse as originally intended.
            I look foward to reading about your conversion. Perhaps it will prod me into more writing...

C.D.
            1949 B-1 PW (Gus)
            1955 C-3 PW (Woodrow)
            1954 Ford 860 tractor

Comment

Working...
            X