Rubber Cab Mounts on WM-300

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rubber Cab Mounts on WM-300

I will soon have to replace my cab mounts and will have to lift the cab. When I start lifting the cab, is there anything I need to be watching-out for? Anything I might bend or interfere with that could do some unintended damage? Thanks!.......Keith.

Kieth,

If there are no repairs needed to the cab, replaceing the cab mounts is pretty simple and you don't have to take the cab off the frame.

I would remove the floor pans; loosen or remove the radiator support arms; remove the steering column-to-dash bracket, and remove the hood. You don't need to raise the cab very much to make the swap, first the front, then the rear...or one side then the other. The idea would be to replace them in pairs.

Be sure to safely support the cab with blocks while you have your fingers under there...

What are you using as replacements? Not hockey pucks, I hope!

C.D.
    1949 B-1 PW (Gus)
    1955 C-3 PW (Woodrow)
    2001 Dodge 2500 (Dish...formerly Maney's Mopar)
    1978 Suzuki GS1000EC (fulfills the need...the need for speed)
    1954 Ford 860 tractor
    1966 Chrysler LS 16 sailboat (as yet un-named)
    UVA UVAM VIVENDO VARIA FITS

Comment

Rubber Cab Mounts on 1961 FFPW

Hi Dave:

Thanks for your advice! I will be ordering the rubber cab mounts from VPW (hope they have them) soon. Luckily, no body work is necessary as I have no rust or dents whatsoever. I've gradually learned to ask all my questions first in order to prevent "buying experience" through my dumb mistakes. Been that route before....don't care for the results. This forum is great for novices like myself. Thanks for taking the time to square me away!

Comment

Glad to help....but I neglected to mention a few important items:

You must also disconnect the starter push-rod from the starter and disconnect the gas peddle linkage at the backside of the peddle. It's just a cotter key and pin arraingment in each case, but it they need to be undone so nothing gets damaged or bent.

Also, you can make your own mounts cheaply too. I made mine from slighty modified off-the-shelf engine and body mounts. I just wandered down the isle in the loal NAPA store til I found what could work. (Thanks, Glenn)

C.D.
        1949 B-1 PW (Gus)
        1955 C-3 PW (Woodrow)
        2001 Dodge 2500 (Dish...formerly Maney's Mopar)
        1978 Suzuki GS1000EC (fulfills the need...the need for speed)
        1954 Ford 860 tractor
        1966 Chrysler LS 16 sailboat (as yet un-named)
        UVA UVAM VIVENDO VARIA FITS

Comment

Rubber Cab Mounts on WM-300

Thanks again Dave!

Comment

Working...
          X