After 8 years...finally done!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• After 8 years...finally done!

After an 8 year total restoration, I am finally "done" with the power wagon.
    I have a few small incidental things to do, like hang the visors, but the truck is registered/tagged, insured and I am driving it now.
    It is a 1952 with the stock engine, and the original color. I kept it mostly stock but have added an overdrive which is really nice.
    Thanks to all on the forum who have helped with my innumerable questions over the years!
    Here is the Image Event to see some pics:
    http://ImageEvent.com/share/powerwagonrestoration

picture

1st drive, to friends tree farm.
    Attached Files

Comment

Good stuff, Doc.

PS, that link pops up a page that says it's guest password protected. Thoughts?

Comment

Sorry:
        shamrocksdoc
        That should get you in.
        BTW where is Junction City? I may have asked before but do not remember. I lived in Athens for 4 years in the 70's. Very nice place!

Comment

Beautiful

Hey Dave - beautiful job on the restoration! Congrats on all the work and the outcome.

Comment

Very nice! I admire anyone who achieves such a goal.
            Power Wagon Advertiser monthly magazine, editor & publisher.

Why is it that the inside of old truck cabs smell so good?

Comment

Time well spent Doc great looking truck I've been waiting to see her. I've been following your post for some time.John

Comment

Originally posted by Doc Dave View Post
                Sorry:
                shamrocksdoc
                That should get you in.
                BTW where is Junction City? I may have asked before but do not remember. I lived in Athens for 4 years in the 70's. Very nice place!
                It's about halfway between Macon and Columbus, 85 or so miles south of Atlanta. I actually live in Northern Virginia right now, though. I kept getting chastised by the system when I tried to change my location. I'll give it another shot at some point.

Comment

To Maury, Gordon, JStinson, jsiebert; thanks for the nice comments. Yes I am proud of this project. Like all difficult things one succeeds at it gives you a lot of satisfaction.

Comment

Congratulations. Hope mine looks that good when (if) I get done!

Comment

8 year effort

Fabulous.

Comment

It really looks great Doc. Congratulations on a job well done.

Comment

Congrats

Nice Job, You went and finished up, looks sharp Dave. I remember your peening instructions, looks like it worked real good! Have you told us about your table, did you make it yourself?

Comment

Thanks DeSoto, Kevin, Rick, Bruce.
                            Here is a picture showing the driver side bed panel when I started. Too bad I did not start with a western truck, LOL!
                            I had to learn how to be a decent MIG welder with this project, as well as using body filler, etc.
                            Bruce, as to the table I used for welding and riveting the fenders, I got a soft cover book on welding from Lowe's, and in it were plans for the welding table. It was pretty easy to make and I use it a lot.
                            Attached Files

Comment

great pics in your link

Comment

Working...
                              X